Route 66 -- The Mother Road -- Main Street of America -- The Will Rogers Highway
Theme your NOOK with this HD+ selection of vintage and modern Route 66 photos depicting the stretch from Missouri, through Kansas, to Oklahoma.
The idea of Route 66 is deeply ingrained in our American culture in a myriad of ways. It evokes memories of those heading west to escape the days of the Dust Bowl, or the post-WWII migration to California that led to the boom of Los Angeles. It represents uncounted family vacations out to discover new sights with destinations ranging from the Grand Canyon to Disneyland. For most, it is the simple promise of freedom on the open road.
Each stretch of Route 66 maintains a distict character that contributes to the overall lore of the road.
The Missouri-Kansas stretch represents a unique transition from the urban metropolises of Chicago and St. Louis to the open road. A trip along this stretch begins appropriately with the St. Louis Gateway Arch in sight and travels through the Civil War battlefields of Kansas to the Oklahoma border near Will Rogers' birthplace in Oologah, Ok. Along the way are Joplin, Rolla and Cuba Missouri.
Additional features of this live wallpaper:
- Explore images as you change your NOOK screens left and right
- Manually change images with an up/down gesture
- Timer settings to change images automatically (every 30 minutes, every day, etc.)
- Individually adjust the display (brightness, contrast, saturation) of each image
- Enable/disable individual images for display