Route 66 -- The Mother Road -- Main Street of America -- The Will Rogers Highway
Theme your NOOK with this HD+ selection of vintage and modern Route 66 photos depicting the stretch through the legendary Texas Panhandle.
The idea of Route 66 is deeply ingrained in our American culture in a myriad of ways. It evokes memories of those heading west to escape the days of the Dust Bowl, or the post-WWII migration to California that led to the boom of Los Angeles. It represents uncounted family vacations out to discover new sights with destinations ranging from the Grand Canyon to Disneyland. For most, it is the simple promise of freedom on the open road.
Each stretch of Route 66 maintains a distict character that contributes to the overall lore of the road.
The Texas Panhandle contributes to this lore, and represents some of the great open stretches through cattle country. It also contains some of the most iconic sites including the Cadillac Ranch in Texas as well as the ranches and grain silos of Amarillo.
Additional features of this live wallpaper:
- Explore images as you change your NOOK screens left and right
- Manually change images with an up/down gesture
- Timer settings to change images automatically (every 30 minutes, every day, etc.)
- Individually adjust the display (brightness, contrast, saturation) of each image
- Enable/disable individual images for display