- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
* the prelude and background to the conflict - from the siting of the Palestinian Jews before the Arab conquest to the attitude of Britain to the Arabs between 1917 and the present
* the Jewish national home - from the Zionist plan for Palestine in 1919 to the state of the Arab world from 1945 to 1962
* the intensification of the conflict - from the Arab response to the UN partition plan of 1947 to the first steps towards the independence of Israel in 1948
* the State of Israel - from the Israeli War of Independence and the Six Day War to the horrific War of Yom Kippur and the Intifada
* the moves to find peace - from Camp David to the escalating troubles of the present day, including the Geneva peace plan and the construction of the security fence.
With a new index and accompanied by powerful and compelling quotations, this clear, illuminative and highly informative new edition from Martin Gilbert is an absolute must for all students of history.