Table of ContentsIntroduction: Paradoxes of Rule.
1. The Benin Kingdom: Politics, Religion and Natural Order.
2. Yoruba and Dahomey: Divine Authority and the Arts of Royal History.
3. The Asante Kingdom: The Golden Ages of Ghana.
4. Cameroon Grasslands: Royal Art Patronage in Contexts of Change.
5. Kongo and Kuba: The Art of Rulership Display.
Conclusion: The Continuing Vitality of Africa's Courtly Arts.
Write a Review
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >