Makes lavish use of color photographs to illustrate the basic positions, general and specialized skills, tactics, and rules of the game. These photographs and the occasional diagrams greatly enhance the clearly written text... Recommended for most sports collections, junior high and above.
Library Journal (on the previous edition)
A comprehensive, action-packed guide to playing rugby, updated to reflect the 2011 Rugby World Cup.
New Zealand's All Blacks rugby team has been the most consistently successful in the history of the sport. It is the team to beat year in, year out, and the value of New Zealand coaches is recognized worldwide.
Rugby Skills, Tactics and Rules teaches the basics of rugby the hard-hitting New Zealand way. Illustrated throughout with action photographs of star players, the text is written by experts with considerable experience at the international level, including former All Black center Frank Bunce.
This new edition of the best-selling Rugby Skills, Tactics and Rules presents the latest information on all aspects of the game. It features exciting images from the World Cup and captions that describe the skills and tactics used by champion teams.
- Tactics and skills for beginners, experienced players and coaches
- Over 150 color photographs with captions explaining player positions and strategies
- Basic and specialized skills
- Coaching, including training, team patterns and motivation
- Set plays, passes and moves
- Fascinating trivia and amusing stories from around the world
- Glossary, 32-page rules section, updated addresses and websites.
This action-packed book has everything a player, coach or fan needs to enjoy the thrilling game of rugby.