Lace up your running shoes and discover how your daily run can enrich your spiritual life.
We run for exercise, relaxation and sometimes to indulge our competitive spirit. Now Warren A. Kay takes you on an exploration of an often-overlooked facet of the sport: running as an intentional spiritual practice.
Kay's approach is more than just "blissing out" on a run. He combines penetrating reflections on God, creation and the role of Spirit in our lives with practical, concise tips for starting your own spiritual running journal. He helps turn your ordinary runs into extraordinary opportunities for spiritual growth. Whether you've logged thousands of miles or are new to the sport, you'll find the guidance and inspiration you need in this unique book.
Experience your daily run as:
- Sanctuaryrunning time is sacred time
- Prayeropen yourself to conversation with God
- Meditationreach inside yourself to find spiritual comfort
- Sacramentexperience the Divine in the physicality of running
- Pilgrimagea run is the journey and the destination