Ruth Fielding, Volume 3: ...at Silver Ranch & ...on Cliff Islandby Alice B. Emerson
Containing the books "Ruth Fielding at Silver Ranch" and "Ruth Fielding on Cliff Island," this volume continues the trials and tribulations of a young girl, Ruth Fielding, an orphan who goes to live with her miserly uncle, Jabez Potter, and his housekeeper, Aunt Alvirah Boggs, who is "nobody's relative, but everybody's aunt." Uncle Jabez reluctantly provides for Ruth and never expresses any kind of love for her, while Aunt Alvirah loves her like a daughter. Ruth is determined to stand on her own and become independent of her uncle, but she has many obstacles to overcome.
• * Ruth, Mary Cox, Jennie Stone, and the Camerons take up Jane Ann Hicks' invitation to visit her Uncle's ranch out West in Ruth Fielding at Silver Ranch, where the excitement starts quickly: the girls are charged by a bull, a wild-fire breaks out, a stampede begins, and many other dangerous situations arise. How Ruth handles them, and how she gets to the bottom of the Tintacker Mine scandal while unknowingly saving the life of Mary Cox's brother will keep readers on the edge of their seats!
• * September finds Ruth and company returning home in Ruth Fielding on Cliff Island, where they rescue an injured boy from a train wreck before heading off to Briarwood Hall. Unfortunately, Jane Ann Hicks is not well received by Ruth's fellow students and she seriously considers returning out West. An exciting series of events ensue before Christmas break arrives, are they enough to change Jane's mind? Then it's off to Cliff Island at the invitation of their friend Belle Tingley. Jerry Sheming claims his father's treasure box is on the island, but Rufus Blent, the island's former owner, is determined to chase Jerry, Ruth, and their friends away. Fires and winter storms complicate the vacation. Do they find the Treasure Box? Are they going to get lost in the many caves in Cliff Island? Is Rufus Blent really the scoundrel he appears to be?
• * "Ruth Fielding at Silver Ranch" and "Ruth Fielding on Cliff Island," were published in 1913 and 1915, respectively, and this volume includes the original frontispiece illustrations.
• * Check our other Children's, Juvenile, and Adult books at www.FlyingChipmunkPublishing.com, or Friend us on Facebook for our latest releases.
- Wilder Publications
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.52(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews