- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This excellent surgical study tool offers superb preparation for in-service and national qualifying exams. Readers can assess and expand their knowledge with more than 1000 challenging review questions, including answers and complete rationales. Page references to Sabiston Textbook of Surgery, 17th Edition make it easy to consult the definitive resource for additional information on any subject. This Review reflects all of the updates and developments that make the Textbook a leader in the field: coverage of general surgery, as well as oncology, transplantation, gastrointestinal disease, vascular surgery, cardiac disorders, neurosurgery, plastic and maxillofacial surgery, orthopaedics, otolaryngology, urology, and many other surgical specialties.
• Totally revised and updated throughout, reflecting contemporary surgical issues, techniques, and practices.
• 50% more questions, approximately 1,100 questions and answers in all covering every area of general surgery and its main subspecialties.
• Approximately 100 figures (halftones, line drawings), from the parent textbook that illustrate key learning points and an index to help the reader identify specific content quickly.
• Chapters cover both clinical and relevant basic science of each area of surgery.
• Answers at the end of each chapter, permitting easy test taking and self-assessment.
• Coverage of general surgery, as well as oncology, transplantation, gastrointestinal disease, vascular surgery, cardiac disorders, neurosurgery, plastic and maxillofacial surgery, orthopaedics, otolaryngology, urology, and many other surgical specialties.
• Each question is referenced to Sabiston Textbook of Surgery, 17th Edition, for fast access to additional information on any given topic.
• An excellent resource for residents (for in-service training exams, qualifying and certifying exams, and various specialty board reviews) as well as practicing surgeons (recertification exams) and medical students (USMLE and surgery course exams).
With 6 additional contributors
Section I: Basic Science in Surgery
Section II: Surgical Principles
Section III: Perioperative Management
Section IV: Surgical Complications
Section V: Trauma and Critical Care
Section VI: Transplantation
Section VII: Surgical Oncology
Section VIII: Head and Neck
Section IX: Breast
Section X: Endocrine
Section XI: Gastrointestinal
Section XII: Liver, Biliary, Spleen, Pancreas
Section XIII: Chest
Section XIV: Cardiac
Section XV: Vascular
Section XVI: Pediatrics
Section XVII: Neurosurgery
Section XVIII: Plastic Surgery
Section XIX: Orthopaedics
Section XX: Gynecology
Section XXI: Urology