Sacred Threshold: Rituals and Readings for a Wedding with Spiritby Gertrud Mueller Nelson, Gertrud Mueller Nelson, Christopher Witt
Sacred Threshold has been written for the bride and groom who are searching for something more for their wedding. Not more as in bigger, grander, or more lavish, but more as in more meaningful, gracious, and sacred. Ritual and liturgy experts Nelson and Witt have helped hundreds of couples plan their ceremonies, and in these pages they have distilled their/i>
Sacred Threshold has been written for the bride and groom who are searching for something more for their wedding. Not more as in bigger, grander, or more lavish, but more as in more meaningful, gracious, and sacred. Ritual and liturgy experts Nelson and Witt have helped hundreds of couples plan their ceremonies, and in these pages they have distilled their years of experience into some basic principles that will help every couple begin their lives together with more than just catering nightmares. Sacred Threshold's five chapters discuss the general principles for creating a wedding with spirit, with guidance on choosing the right place, people, symbols, prayers, format, readings, and music. Sections include:
- A look at the meaning and history behind the familiar wedding traditions.
- A step-by-step walk through the ceremony itselfthe gathering rite, readings, the wedding ritual, and the reception.
- Practical advice for the rehearsal, instructions for the readers, and models for the printed program.
- A collection of meditationspreparing for marriage, dealing with doubts, exploring dimensions of marriage in the Bible, and prayerdesigned for the ceremony and for the bride and groom to use themselves as they prepare for their wedding.
- Three model weddings incorporating all the principles of Sacred Threshold.
- The Doubleday Religious Publishing Group
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- 1 ED
- Product dimensions:
- 5.53(w) x 8.17(h) x 0.94(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
Gertrud Mueller Nelson - of To Dance with God renown - has joined with Christopher Witt to speak about the ancient and important meaning of weddings. Too often these days weddings become show stopping hooplas that have lost connection with the important symbolic and religious meaning of a wedding. Nelson and Witt remind us of such important values - while also giving very practical advice on everything from guest lists to reception. My daughter was recently married (and I performed the ceremony! for I am an ordained minister) and both of us read and enjoyed the book in preparation!