- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Inside you will find over 70 GPS routes and detailed itineraries so whether you're planning a week's excursion in Morocco or a two-month trans-Saharan expedition this ...
Ships from: Sussex, WI
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Inside you will find over 70 GPS routes and detailed itineraries so whether you're planning a week's excursion in Morocco or a two-month trans-Saharan expedition this guide offers all the advice, background information and inspiration to complete your journey safely.
Inside you will find:
· Transport – review of the choices available for travel by 4WD, motorcycle and bicycle plus an extended section of travel by camel
· Documentation - what you need and where to get it
· Preparing your vehicle – (without spending a fortune) and improvising repairs in the Sahara
· Trans-Mediterranean ferries
· Desert driving and riding techniques
· Navigation and survival - what to do when things go wrong
· Background information - Saharan people, prehistoric art and land forms
· Tough hard-back cover and sewn binding
· Plus 300 B&W and 30 color photographs
"I ran across your Sahara Overland book in a bookstore in Sacramento, California and bought it without a second thought. Thank you for putting together the most useful book I've ever encountered on travelling in this part of the world."
"The essential Sahara guide."
--The Sunday Times (United Kingdom)
--Land Rover International
"I'm not going to mince words here, this book is THE essential desert companion for anyone planning a Saharan desert trip."
--Trailbike Magazine (United Kingdom)
Excerpted from Sahara Overland, 2nd by Scott, Chris Copyright © 2004 by Scott, Chris. Excerpted by permission.
All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.
Excerpts are provided by Dial-A-Book Inc. solely for the personal use of visitors to this web site.