Morten Rand-Hendriksen is a web designer, developer, programmer, and digital media expert based in Burnaby, B.C., Canada. For his work with Expression Web, he has been honored with Microsoft’s Most Valuable Professional Award. He contributes regularly to the official Microsoft Expression newsletter, has been published in international design magazines, and blogs on Expression Web at designisphilosophy.com.
Sams Teach Yourself Microsoft Expression Web 3 in 24 Hours (Sams Teach Yourself -- Hours Series)by Morten Rand-Hendriksen
In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, you’ll learn how to build flexible, easy-to-maintain, standards-based websites with Microsoft Expression Web 3. Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you’ll master the entire process, from concept through delivery. You’ll learn powerful ways to plan, design, construct, and even
In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, you’ll learn how to build flexible, easy-to-maintain, standards-based websites with Microsoft Expression Web 3. Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you’ll master the entire process, from concept through delivery. You’ll learn powerful ways to plan, design, construct, and even redesign websites that are simple to manage and easy to repurpose. Each lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a strong real-world foundation for success, no matter what kind of site you’re building!
- Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common Expression Web 3 tasks.
- Quizzes and Exercises at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge.
- By the Way notes present interesting information related to the discussion.
- Did You Know? tips offer advice or show you easier ways to perform tasks.
- Watch Out! cautions alert you to possible problems and give you advice on how to avoid them
Learn how to…
- Build your first Expression Web 3 website in just five minutes
- Establish work processes for building standards-based sites faster, with far less work
- Write error-free code quickly and easily with Code view and IntelliSense
- Create hyperlinks that simplify navigation, perform actions, and send commands
- Understand, create, and modify CSS style sheets with unprecedented speed and accuracy
- Use Dynamic Web Templates to consistently format (or reformat) hundreds of pages
- Implement state-of-the-art interactivity with buttons, behaviors, and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Publish simple Silverlight applications and add multimedia content from Flash and other sources
- Build advanced drop-down and other CSS-based menus from scratch
- Learn how and when to use each of Expression Web’s six publishing options
- Integrate web application code written in ASP.NET or PHP
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >