Sohail Sayed is a software consultant who has worked exclusively with SharePoint for the past three years. Manpreet Singh is a software consultant with extensive expertise developing business intelligence solutions with Microsoft SharePoint. Vinuraj V S has extensive expertise in developing enterprise solutions with SharePoint, ASP.NET, Silverlight, WCF, WF, and related technologies. The authors have worked on multiple SharePoint implementations, including one of the world’s largest BPOS SharePoint implementations and multiple SharePoint on-premises web content management implementations. In addition, they have worked on Business Intelligence and custom .NET applications.
Sams Teach Yourself SharePoint 2010 Development in 24 Hoursby Sohail Sayed, Manpreet Singh, Vinu Santhakumari
In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, you’ll learn how to build robust, dynamic, scalable, and manageable business solutions with SharePoint 2010! Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you’ll learn how to implement everything from workflows to content management, search to enterprise-class business intelligence. One step at a time, you’ll master new features ranging from Business Connectivity Services to Silverlight rich user interfaces. Each lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, helping you get the job done fast--and do it right!
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common SharePoint 2010 development tasks.
Q&As at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge.
By the Way, Did You Know?, and Watch Out! boxes offer advice and solutions.
Learn how to…
- Make the most of SharePoint 2010’s lists, libraries, and site templates
- Customize the user interface through web parts, custom actions, and other advanced interface features
- Develop server-side applications and client-side applications for SharePoint 2010
- Manage data using lists, libraries, site columns, content types, custom fields, event receivers, and queries
- Integrate external data with Business Connectivity Services (BCS)
- Use “out of the box” workflows and create custom workflows
- Manage SharePoint with SharePoint 2010 Central Administration
- Protect applications with claims-based authorization and other security features
- Integrate advanced search into your applications
- Build powerful BI solutions for data analysis, presentation, and decision-making
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >