Saunders Comprehensive Review for NCLEX-PN with CD-ROM / Edition 2by Linda Anne Silvestri
Pub. Date: 12/13/2002
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Part of the Saunders Pyramid to Success for NCLEX-PN series, this unique and comprehensive review program prepares students for the NCLEX-PN examination. Extremely popular, this outstanding review book focuses specifically on material featured in the National Council of State Boards of Nursing's most recent NCLEX-PN test plan. Content examines all aspects of
Part of the Saunders Pyramid to Success for NCLEX-PN series, this unique and comprehensive review program prepares students for the NCLEX-PN examination. Extremely popular, this outstanding review book focuses specifically on material featured in the National Council of State Boards of Nursing's most recent NCLEX-PN test plan. Content examines all aspects of practical nursing including maternity, pediatric, medical-surgical, psychiatric, and gerontologic. The companion CD-ROM contains all 1,800 multiple-choice questions from the text plus over 1,200 additional practice questions.
• Key terms defined at the beginning of each chapter give students a quick review of each content area.
• Bulleted items located throughout the content outlines identify content that typically appears on the exams.
• Pyramid to Success sections at the beginning of each chapter or major unit provide an overview of the chapter, guidance and direction regarding the focus of review in the content area, and its relative importance to the current NCLEX-PN text plan.
• 13 chapters on pharmacology, a medication and intravenous calculation chapter, and a pediatric medication calculation chapter provide practice for the increased emphasis on pharmacology on the current NCLEX-PN.
• The text and CD-ROM provide 3,000 practice questions more than any other review book available.
• The text contains a comprehensive exam consisting of 300 questions related to all content areas in the book and representative of the percentages identified in the NCLEX-PN test plan.
• Each question in the book provides a correct answer, rationales for all responses, a test-taking strategy, the level of cognitive ability, integrated concept/process, category of Client Needs, and a reference to a major nursing textbook.
• A unit on The Adult Client with an Immune Disorder includes all the content related to the immune system and immunologic medications, so students can easily locate and focus on these critical areas.
• Approximately 70 new Critical Thinking/Free-text entry questions help students master prioritizing, decision-making, and critical thinking skills, reflecting this component of the new test plan for NCLEX-PN.
• The CD-ROM allows the use of the mouse to answer practice questions and includes a drop-down calculator much like the new NCLEX-PN exam.
• Enhanced with a new testing mode, the CD-ROM features approximately 25 figures or illustrations with accompanying questions that can be answered with the click of the mouse.
• The CD-ROM allows students to practice using three modes Quiz, Study, and Exam. Questions are randomly selected from specific content area, integrated concept/process area, or category of client needs.
• In the Exam mode, students can test across the entire spectrum of content, review their raw score and the time to complete the exam, and print out results and questions with answers.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 11.00(h) x 1.50(d)
Table of Contents
Unit I: NCLEX-PN Preparation
2. Pathways to Success
3. The NCLEX-PN Examination: From a Student’s Perspective
4. Test-Taking Strategies
Unit II: Issues in Nursing
5. Cultural Diversity
6. Ethical and Legal Issues
7. Leadership Issues and Priorities of Care
Unit III: Nursing Sciences
8. Fluids and Electrolytes
9. Acid-Base Balance
10. Laboratory Values
11. Nutritional Components of Care
12. Intravenous Therapy and Blood Administration
Unit IV: Fundamental Skills
13. Hygiene and Safety
14. Medication and Intravenous Administration
15. Basic Life Support
16. Perioperative Nursing Care
17. Positioning Clients
18. Care of a Client with a Tube
Unit V: Growth and Development Across the Life Span
19. Theories of Growth and Development
Unit VI: Maternity Nursing
20. Female Reproductive System
21. Obstetrical Assessment
22. Prenatal Period and Risk Conditions
23. Labor and Delivery and Associated Complications
24. The Postpartum Period and Associated Complications
25. Care of the Newborn
26. Maternity and Newborn Medications
Unit VII: Pediatric Nursing
27. Growth and Development
28. Neurological, Cognitive, and Psychosocial Disorders
29. Eye, Ear, Throat and Respiratory Disorders
30. Cardiovascular Disorders
31. Metabolic, Endocrine and Gastrointestinal Disorders
32. Renal and Urinary Disorders
33. Integumentary Disorders
34. Musculoskeletal Disorders
35. Hematological and Oncological Disorders
36. Communicable Diseases and Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome
37. Pediatric Medication Administration
Unit VIII: The Adult Client with an Integumentary Disorder
38. Integumentary System
39. Integumentary Medications
Unit IX: The Adult Client with an Oncological Disorder
40. Oncological Disorders
41. Antineoplastic Medications
Unit X: The Adult Client with an Endocrine Disorder
42. Endocrine System
43. Endocrine Medications
Unit XI: The Adult Client with a Gastrointestinal Disorder
44. Gastrointestinal System
45. Gastrointestinal Medications
Unit XII: The Adult Client with a Respiratory Disorder
46. The Respiratory System
47. Respiratory Medications
Unit XIII: The Adult Client with a Cardiovascular Disorder
48. Cardiovascular Disorders
49. Cardiovascular Medications
Unit XIV: The Adult Client with a Renal Disorder
50. Renal System
51. Renal Medications
Unit XV: The Adult Client with an Eye or Ear Disorder
52. The Eye and the Ear
53. Ophthalmic and Otic Medications
Unit XVI: The Adult Client with a Neurological Disorder
54. Neurological System
55. Neurological Medications
Unit XVII: The Adult Client with a Musculoskeletal Disorder
56. The Musculoskeletal System
57. Musculoskeletal Medications
Unit XVIII: The Adult Client with an Immune Disorder
58. Immune Disorders
59. Immunologic Medications
Unit XIX: The Adult Client with a Mental Health Disorder
60. Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing
61. Mental Health Disorders
63. Crisis Theory and Intervention
64. Psychiatric Medications
Unit XX: The Gerontological Client
65. Care of the Gerontological Client
Unit XXI: Comprehensive Test
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
This is a good book, good informational sections like 'Care of client with a tube' Book is outline form, with 'pyramid points' that the publishers think are the crucial elements to understand. I would buy this book again if I had to go through nursing school again, BUT! the CD crashes on me everytime I try to complete a long comprehensive exam, WHICH IS VERY FRUSTRATING! And my faulty CD isnt an isolated incident, a few other students have had the same problem. The Book gets 4 stars the CD gets 1 star because it crashes. If you want to pass your board buy this book, buy Mosby's Book by Mary O. Eyles, use both CDs, take a month off work, study full time and youre almost guaranteed to pass the NCLEX. BTW the Mosby's Book and CD are better than this book (ie no crashes) but this book has some good info the Mosby's doesnt. If you can buy only one book, buy the Mosby's.
IT WAS A WONDERFUL EXPERINCE STUDYING WITH THIS BOOK.THE DISK SOMETIMES GAVE YOU WRONG ANSWERS CONTRARY TO WHAT THE BOOK HAS.THE DISK ALSO WHEN WHEN DOING QUESTIONS FOR EXAM YOU MAY BE AT A QUESTION AND IT KEEPS COMING BACK INSTEAD OF CHANGING TO ANOTHER QUESTION.
This was a great book overall. However, you need to be careful when using the CD for study review. I've located numerous errors in the answers to questions. To make it easy when you look at the reason for the answer, the true answer is given.