Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination Full Color Reprint / Edition 3by Linda Anne Silvestri
Pub. Date: 01/23/2006
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
A useful review tool in preparing for the NCLEX-RN examination, this full-color guide is based on the latest NCLEX-RN test plan - including alternate item formats. In an outline format, it comprehensively reviews all areas of nursing, including maternity, pediatric, medical-surgical, psychiatric, and gerontologic. More than 4,000 practice questions are included in the… See more details below
A useful review tool in preparing for the NCLEX-RN examination, this full-color guide is based on the latest NCLEX-RN test plan - including alternate item formats. In an outline format, it comprehensively reviews all areas of nursing, including maternity, pediatric, medical-surgical, psychiatric, and gerontologic. More than 4,000 practice questions are included in the book/CD-ROM package, along with comprehensive rationales and test-taking strategies.
- Text and accompanying CD-ROM provide a total of 4,000 practice questions. The CD-ROM includes all 1,800 questions from the book, plus over 2,200 more.
- Every question includes a correct answer, rationales for all responses, test-taking strategy, level of cognitive ability, integrated process, category of client needs, and reference to a major nursing text.
- Alternate item format questions, including fill-in-the-blank, multiple-response, and illustration questions, provide exposure to these new formats on the NCLEX-RN exam.
- A comprehensive exam consists of 265 questions with content areas in the same percentages as the current NCLEX-RN test plan.
- Pharmacology is emphasized with 13 pharmacology chapters, a medication and intravenous calculation chapter, and a pediatric medication calculation chapter.
- Pyramid to Success sections provide an overview of each chapter plus a focused guide for review.
- Pyramid Terms offer a quick review of key content areas.
- Pyramid Points, located throughout the content outlines, identify content that typically appears on the NCLEX-RN exam.
- A chapter written by a student who recently passed the NCLEX-RN exam offers perspective on overcoming anxiety.
- A drop-down calculator is included on CD-ROM, to assist in answering medication questions.
- CD-ROM allows practice in quiz, study, or exam modes, with questions selected from content area, integrated process, or category of client needs.
- Now in full color!
- Addresses issues and areas of difficulty for the foreign-educated nurse in a new, separate chapter.
- Emphasizes leadership, delegating, and prioritizing client care, reflecting the new focus on the Board exam.
- Adds leadership and management selection categories to the CD-ROM - important areas on the exam.
Table of ContentsUnit I NCLEX-RN Exam Preparation
1. The NCLEX-RN Examination
2. Preparing for the NCLEX Exam: Transitional Issues for the Foreign-Educated Nurse
3. Pathways to Success
4. The NCLEX-RN Examination: From a Student’s Perspective
5. Test-Taking Strategies
Unit II Issues in Nursing
6. Cultural Diversity
7. Ethical and Legal Issues
8. Leadership, Delegating, and Prioritizing Client Care
Unit III Nursing Sciences
9. Fluids and Electrolytes
10. Acid-Base Balance
11. Laboratory Values
13. Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN)
14. Intravenous Therapy
15. Administration of Blood Products
Unit IV Fundamental Skills
16. Providing a Safe Environment
17. Administering Medication and Intravenous Solutions
18. Basic Life Support
19. Perioperative Nursing Care
20. Positioning Clients
21. Care of a Client with a Tube
Unit V Maternity Nursing
22. Female Reproductive System
23. Obstetrical Assessment
24. Prenatal Period
25. Risk Conditions Related to Pregnancy
26. Labor and Delivery
27. Problems with Labor and Delivery
28. The Postpartum Period
29. Postpartum Complications
30. Care of the Newborn
31. Maternity and Newborn Medications
Unit VI Growth and Development Across the Life Span
32. Theories of Growth and Development
33. Developmental Stages
34. Care of the Older Client
Unit VII Pediatric Nursing
35. Neurological, Cognitive, and Psychosocial Disorders
36. Eye, Ear, and Throat Disorders
37. Respiratory Disorders
38. Cardiovascular Disorders
39. Gastrointestinal Disorders
40. Metabolic and Endocrine Disorders
41. Renal and Urinary Disorders
42. Integumentary Disorders
43. Musculoskeletal Disorders
44. Hematological Disorders
45. Oncological Disorders
46 Acquired Immunodefiency Syndrome
47. Infectious and Communicable Diseases
48. Pediatric Medication Administration and Calculations
Unit VIII The Adult Client with an Integumentary Disorder
49. Integumentary System
50. Integumentary Medications
Unit IX The Adult Client with an Oncological Disorder
51. Oncological Disorders
52. Antineoplastic Medications
Unit X The Adult Client with an Endocrine Disorder
53. Endocrine System
54. Endocrine Medications
Unit XI The Adult Client with a Gastrointestinal Disorder
55. Gastrointestinal System
56. Gastrointestinal Medications
Unit XII The Adult Client with a Respiratory Disorder
57. Respiratory System
58. Respiratory Medications
Unit XIII The Adult Client with a Cardiovascular Disorder
59. Cardiovascular Disorders
60. Cardiovascular Medications
Unit XIV The Adult Client with a Renal System Disorder
61. Renal System
62. Renal Medications
Unit XV The Adult Client with an Eye or Ear Disorder
63. The Eye and the Ear
64. Ophthalmic and Otic Medications
Unit XVI The Adult Client with a Neurological Disorder
65. Neurological System
66. Neurological Medications
Unit XVII The Adult Client with a Musculoskeletal Disorder
67. Musculoskeletal System
68. Musculoskeletal Medications
Unit XVIII The Adult Client with an Immune Disorder
69. Immune Disorders
70. Immunologic Medications
Unit XIX The Adult Client with a Mental Health Disorder
71. Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing
72. Models of Care
73. Mental Health Disorders
75. Crisis Theory and Intervention
76. Psychiatric Medications
Unit XX Comprehensive Test
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
I recommend this book for everyone who will take NCLEX exam. This book will help you a lot. I passed my NCLEX exam first take just this month. Goodluck to those who will take the exam.
I did my nclex exam last year and passed with flying colors, if it had not been for this book, i would probably have some difficulty passing the exam. I reviewed this book from top to bottom. The exam was a breeze for me. I even used this book as a reference book during my nursing career.
A couple of years ago I was struggling to pass my NCLEX-RN. I tried all kinds of reviews...making research found that everyone recommended this book. I have to say, 'It is awesome'. You will not be disappointed.
I love this book it's the best one that I read while I was reviewing for the NCLEX and I have read a lot of books. It had a lot of questions and was very easy for me to read through and it wasn't boring. I liked how the book was sectioned off too.
I use this book for all my nursing exams for school. It really helped with my test taking skills and knowledge the instructors leave out that you need to know for the test. I have 3 other NCLEX books at home and this is the best because you can go and take a customized test and get feedback on it.
This is a must have for anyone who is studying for NCLEX. It's comprehensive, in a very easy to read format, and includes questions. I used this book to study for NCLEX and for the ACE II exams. I have 4-5 review books and this one is by far my favorite. Highly reccommended!
This book was very helpful for me while taking senior med surg. I used it a lot and referred to it a lot. I graduated from a BSN program, and found this book to be VERY RESOURCEFUL! It¿s an EXCELLENT review and guide!!!!
THIS BOOK PROVES USEFUL FOR GENERAL KNOWLEDGE FOR NURSING. I USE IT TO STUDY FOR MY NURSING EXAMS. I'M NOT SO SURE OF ITS USEFULNESS FOR TAKING THE NCLEX, ESP. SINCE I HAVEN'T TAKEN IT YET. THE QUESTIONS IN THIS BOOK ARE EASIER THAN THOSE ON MY NURSING EXAMS, SO I BELIEVE IT WILL NOT BE AS USEFUL AS OTHER BOOKS. THE QUESTIONS ON THE CD ARE WORDED POORLY. I ADVISE CHECKING OUT NCLEX-RN REVIEW BY ALICE M. STEIN. IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE BEST.
I use this book to help review what info. I know before a test. It has improved my test scores by 10-20 pts. Not sure how it works with NCLEX, but it is VERY beneficial for school.