Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination / Edition 5by Linda Anne Silvestri
Pub. Date: 10/29/2010
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination is the bestselling nursing review book, providing content review along with thousands of questions. All questions include detailed rationales and comprehensive test-taking strategies which provide guidance for how to best approach each question. The new edition parallels the 2004 NCLEX Examination Test Plan,… See more details below
Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination is the bestselling nursing review book, providing content review along with thousands of questions. All questions include detailed rationales and comprehensive test-taking strategies which provide guidance for how to best approach each question. The new edition parallels the 2004 NCLEX Examination Test Plan, with the inclusion of Alternate Item Format questions, more pharmacology content, and new questions on leadership, delegation, and patient care prioritization. The enclosed CD-ROM allows you to answer questions in three different modes: Quiz, Study, and Exam.
New to this Edition:
- Addresses issues and areas of difficulty for the foreign-educated nurse in a new, separate chapter.
- Emphasizes leadership, delegating, and prioritizing client care, reflecting the new focus on the Board exam.
- Adds leadership/management and community coding categories to the CD-ROM — important areas on the exam.
- Text and accompanying CD-ROM provide a total of 4,000 practice questions — more than any other comprehensive review book. The CD-ROM includes all 1,800 questions from the book, plus over 2,200 more.
- Every question includes a correct answer, rationales for all responses, test-taking strategy, level of cognitive ability, integrated process, category of client needs, and reference to a major nursing text.
- Alternate item format questions, including fill-in-the-blank, multiple-response, and illustration questions, provide exposure to these new formats on the NCLEX-RN exam.
- A comprehensive exam consists of 265 questions with content areas in the same percentages as the current NCLEX-RN test plan.
- Pharmacology is emphasized, with 13 pharmacology chapters, a medication and intravenous calculation chapter, and a pediatric medication calculation chapter.
- Pyramid to Success sections provide an overview of each chapter plus a focused guide for review.
- Pyramid Terms offer a quick review of key content areas.
- Pyramid Points, located throughout the content outlines, identify content that typically appears on the NCLEX-RN exam.
- A chapter written by a student who recently passed the NCLEX-RN exam offers perspective on overcoming anxiety.
- A drop-down calculator is included on CD-ROM, to assist in answering medication questions.
- CD-ROM allows practice in quiz, study, or exam modes, with questions selected from content area, integrated process, or category of client needs.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 10.90(h) x 1.50(d)
Table of Contents
UNIT 1: NCLEX-RN Exam Preparation
1. The NCLEX-RN Examination
2. NCLEX-RN Preparation for Foreign-Educated Nurses
3. Pathways to Success 1
4. The NCLEX-RN Examination: From a Graduate's Perspective
5. Test-Taking Strategies
UNIT 2: Issues in Nursing
6. Cultural Awareness and Health Practices
7. Ethical and Legal Issues
8. Prioritizing Client Care: Leadership, Delegating, and Disaster Planning
UNIT 3: Nursing Sciences
9. Fluids and Electrolytes
10. Acid-Base Balance
11. Laboratory Values
13. Parenteral Nutrition
14. Intravenous Therapy
15. Administration of Blood Products
UNIT 4: Fundamental Skills
16. Provision of a Safe Environment
17. Calculation of Medication and Intravenous Prescriptions
18. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Guidelines for Health Care Providers
19. Perioperative Nursing Care
20. Positioning Clients
21. Care of a Client With a Tube
UNIT 5: Growth and Development Across the Life Span
22. Theories of Growth and Development
23. Developmental Stages
24. Care of the Older Client
25. Health and Physical Assessment of the Adult Client
UNIT 6: Maternity Nursing
26. Reproductive System
27. Obstetrical Assessment
28. Prenatal Period
29. Risk Conditions Related to Pregnancy
30. Labor and Delivery
31. Problems With Labor and Delivery
32. Postpartum Period
33. Postpartum Complications
34. Care of the Newborn
35. Maternity and Newborn Medications
UNIT 7: Pediatric Nursing
36. Integumentary Disorders
37. Hematological Disorders
38. Oncological Disorders
39. Metabolic and Endocrine Disorders
40. Gastrointestinal Disorders
41. Eye, Ear, and Throat Disorders
42. Respiratory Disorders
43. Cardiovascular Disorders
44. Renal and Urinary Disorders
45. Neurological, Cognitive, and Behavioral Disorders
46. Musculoskeletal Disorders
47. Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome
48. Infectious and Communicable Diseases
49. Pediatric Medication Administration and Calculations
UNIT 8: Integumentary Disorders of the Adult Client
50. Integumentary System
51. Integumentary Medications
UNIT 9: Hematological and Oncological Disorders of the Adult Client
52. Hematological and Oncological Disorders
53. Antineoplastic Medications
UNIT 10: Endocrine Disorders of the Adult Client
54. Endocrine System
55. Endocrine Medications
UNIT 11: Gastrointestinal Disorders of the Adult Client
56. Gastrointestinal System
57. Gastrointestinal Medications
UNIT 12: Respiratory Disorders of the Adult Client
58. Respiratory System
59. Respiratory Medications
UNIT 13: Cardiovascular Disorders of the Adult Client
60. Cardiovascular System
61. Cardiovascular Medications
UNIT 14: Renal and Urinary Disorders of the Adult Client
62. Renal System
63. Renal Medications
UNIT 15: Eye and Ear Disorders of the Adult Client
64. The Eye and the Ear
65. Ophthalmic and Otic Medications
UNIT 16: Neurological Disorders of the Adult Client
66. Neurological System
67. Neurological Medications
UNIT 17: Musculoskeletal Disorders of the Adult Client
68. Musculoskeletal System
69. Musculoskeletal Medications
UNIT 18: Immune Disorders of the Adult Client
70. Immune Disorders
71. Immunological Medications
UNIT 19: Mental Health Disorders of the Adult Client
72. Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing
73. Models of Care
74. Mental Health Disorders
76. Crisis Theory and Intervention
77. Psychiatric Medications
UNIT 20: Comprehensive Test
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >