Saunders Manual of Medical Practice / Edition 1by Robert E. Rakel, Roger C. Bone, Jan Redden
Pub. Date: 02/28/1996
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
The new Second Edition provides the latest, essential information on the symptoms, diseases, treatments, and procedures most commonly encountered in everyday practice. It features step-by-step clinical guidance for more than 320 common diseases and disorders, as well as explicit guidelines for over 60 office procedures. An organ-system organization, extensive… See more details below
The new Second Edition provides the latest, essential information on the symptoms, diseases, treatments, and procedures most commonly encountered in everyday practice. It features step-by-step clinical guidance for more than 320 common diseases and disorders, as well as explicit guidelines for over 60 office procedures. An organ-system organization, extensive alphabetical index, and cross references within the individual chapters make the information easy to find.
The new edition is meticulously updated to ensure the very latest information available. It features the fresh perspective of 176 new expert contributors, plus new topics, new illustrations, new tables, and new references. All this comes together to bring you the key you need to zero in on a diagnosis, confirm it, and effectively treat your patients--efficiently and accurately!
What's NEW to Saunders Manual of Medical Practice?
- Nearly 30 new topics, including alternative and herbal medicine, postpartum depression, thoracic outlet syndrome, attention deficit disorder, knee injuries, autism, and hemochromatosis.
- Features 5 new procedures, plus new symptoms such as partoid gland swelling and jaundice in adults.
- New step-by-step illustrations and tables make material easy to use.
PLUS THESE OUTSTANDING FEATURES:
- Details more than 60 procedures
- Includes clinical pearls, warnings, and special tips
- Presents a complete list of procedures, ICD-9 codes, and CPT-4 codes inside the covers.
- Cross-references are boxed for easy identification
- A distinctive icon enables you to immediately identify key symptoms, signs, tests, and treatments.
- It's conveniently organized by body system--each part describing the most common symptoms and a differential diagnosis.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 9.06(w) x 11.02(h) x (d)
Table of Contents
1. HEALTH MAINTENANCE AND DISEASE PREVENTION
2. EYE, EAR, NOSE, AND THROAT PROBLEMS
3. RESPIRATORY DISEASES
4. CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASES
5. GASTROINTESTINAL DISEASES
6. DISEASES OF LIVER, GALLBLADDER, AND BILE DUCTS
7. REPRODUCTION AND REPRODUCTIVE DISORDERS
8. URINARY TRACT DISORDERS
9. HEMATOLOGIC DISEASE
10. METABOLIC AND ENDOCRINE DISEASES
11. NUTRITIONAL DISEASES
12. DISEASES OF BONE
13. DISEASES OF THE IMMUNE SYSTEM
14. MUSCULOSKELETAL/CONNECTIVE TISSUE DISEASES
15. INFECTIOUS DISEASES
16. PROTOZOAN/HELMINTHIC DISEASES
17. SKIN DISEASES
19. PSYCHIATRIC AND BEHAVIORAL DISORDERS
20. POISONING AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROBLEMS
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >