List of Newly Approved Drugs IV Compatibility Chart Insert Drugs by Disorder Section I. Drug Classifications Section II. A-Z Drugs Section III. Reference Section Appendix A. Calculation of Doses Appendix B. Controlled Drugs (United States) Appendix C. Drip Rates for Critical Care Medications Appendix D. Drugs of Abuse Appendix E. Equi-Analgesic Drugs Appendix F. FDA Pregnancy Categories Appendix G. Herbal Therapies and Interactions Appendix H. Lifespan and Cultural Aspects of Drug Therapy Appendix I. Normal Laboratory Values Appendix J. Orphan Drugs Appendix K. P450 inducers and inhibitors Appendix L. Poison Antidote Chart Appendix M. Preventing Medication Errors and Improving Medication Safety Appendix N. Recommended Childhood and Adult Immunizations Appendix O. Signs and Symptoms of Electrolyte Imbalance Appendix P. Sound-Alike and Look-Alike Drugs Appendix Q. Spanish Phrases Often Used in the Clinical Setting Appendix R. Techniques of Medication Administration Appendix S. Chronic Wound Care Products Appendix T. Parenteral Fluid Administration New Drug Supplement Comprehensive Index Dangerous Abbreviations Rapid-Sequence Intubation Common Abbreviations
Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook 2012by Barbara B. Hodgson, Robert J. Kizior
Pub. Date: 06/29/2011
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Ideal for nurses in busy practice settings, this innovative, easy-to-use drug resource with over 1,000 drug entries guides you through clinical priorities and reflects the typical thought process behind ordering prescriptions to help you provide more effective patient care. Detailed coverage of IV drug administration, nursing considerations, and fixed combinations
Ideal for nurses in busy practice settings, this innovative, easy-to-use drug resource with over 1,000 drug entries guides you through clinical priorities and reflects the typical thought process behind ordering prescriptions to help you provide more effective patient care. Detailed coverage of IV drug administration, nursing considerations, and fixed combinations make this handbook essential for everyday practice!
- Complete coverage brings you updated information on more than 1,000 generic-name drugs (encompassing over 4,000 trade-name drugs).
- Alphabetically organized drug entries with convenient A-to-Z thumb tabs provide quick and easy access to key content.
- Detailed information on each drug includes side effects broken down by frequent, occasional, and rare, as well as adverse effects/toxic reactions.
- Clearly marked high-alert drugs, 275 Black Box Alerts, a sound-alike and look-alike drug appendix, and "Tall Man Spellings" recommended by the FDA promote drug administration safety.
- Frequently used herb monographs and additional herb information in the appendix highlight the most common herbs and interactions with drugs, herbs, and foods.
- Lifespan and disorder-related dosage variations prepare you to treat the specific needs of each patient population.
- Comprehensive foldout IV compatibility chart includes essential compatibility information for 65 intravenous drugs.
- Highlighted monographs for the top 204 prescribed drugs help you identify the most frequently administered drugs.
- Nursing implications organized in the functional nursing process framework include content on baseline assessment, intervention/evaluation, and patient and family teaching.
- The top 400 U.S. brand name drugs are cross-referenced throughout for quick reference.
- Information on fixed combinations is included in the dosage section of the monograph for each combined drug.
- Therapeutic and toxic blood level information highlights patient implications for drug administration.
- An overview of actions and uses for drug families offers a snapshot of important drug information for each class.
- Potential herbal interactions are indicated within drug entries for quick reference.
- A list of newly approved drugs in the front of the book allows you to easily locate the latest drugs.
- Entries for 31 newly FDA-approved drugs provide the most current drug information available.
- Extensively updated IV content includes IV compatibilities, expanded rates of infusion, reconstitutions, drip rates, test doses, flushing, and incompatibilities to help you find relevant information quickly.
- Enlarged Black Box Alerts make it easier to locate drugs with a significant risk of serious or life-threatening adverse effects.
- How to Use this Book feature familiarizes you with the organization and layout so you can find essential information quickly and easily.
- Page numbers accompany references to other drugs within an individual drug entry so you can quickly turn to information on the related drug.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 4.50(w) x 7.50(h) x 1.90(d)
Table of Contents
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews