Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook 2014by Barbara B. Hodgson, Robert J. Kizior
Written by two expert nursing and pharmacy clinicians and organized alphabetically by generic drug name, Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook 2014 provides essential information for over 1,000 generic name and 4,000 trade name drugs in one quick, convenient source. With comprehensive coverage of IV drug administration as well as guidance through clinical/b>
Written by two expert nursing and pharmacy clinicians and organized alphabetically by generic drug name, Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook 2014 provides essential information for over 1,000 generic name and 4,000 trade name drugs in one quick, convenient source. With comprehensive coverage of IV drug administration as well as guidance through clinical priorities in the practice setting, this resource offers the precautionary information you need to provide safer patient care.
- Over 1,000 generic name drugs (encompassing over 4,000 trade name drugs) organized alphabetically with A to Z tabs to make accessing important information quick and easy.
- Detailed drug information distinguishing side effects and adverse reactions helps you identify which are most likely to occur.
- Special text treatment for "High Alert" drugs that pose the greatest risk for patient harm promotes safe drug administration.
- UNIQUE! ( for ebook only) Frequently-used herb monographs as well as additional herb information keep you informed of commonly encountered herbs.
- Top 200 Drugs helps you identify the most frequently administered drugs.
- Lifespan and disorder-related dosage variations content equips you with special considerations for specific patient populations.
- Therapeutic and toxic blood level information shows you patient implications for drug administration.
- Comprehensive IV Compatibility Chart foldout arms you with compatibility information for 65 intravenous drugs.
- NEW! Drug monographs for approximately 28 newly approved drugs by the FDA provide you with the most current drug information.
- NEW! Updated monographs with new interactions, precautions, alerts and patient teaching instructions boost your confidence in accuracy and help prevent medication dispensing errors.
- NEW! Nearly 300 Black Box Alerts highlight drugs found to carry a significant risk of serious or even life-threatening adverse effects.
- NEW! Enhanced Pageburst eBook works on any mobile device giving you access to drug information from virtually anywhere.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 7 MB
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews