Saunders Nursing Survival Guide: Pathophysiology / Edition 2by Kathleen Jo Gutierrez
Pub. Date: 09/26/2006
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Part of the Saunders Nursing Survival Guide series, Pathophysiology provides a fun, engaging study and review aid for this difficult subject. It uses visual cues to clearly explain topics such as a condition's at-risk population, pathogenesis, causes, modifiable and nonmodifiable risk factors, clinical manifestations, prognosis and treatment modalities, as well as… See more details below
Part of the Saunders Nursing Survival Guide series, Pathophysiology provides a fun, engaging study and review aid for this difficult subject. It uses visual cues to clearly explain topics such as a condition's at-risk population, pathogenesis, causes, modifiable and nonmodifiable risk factors, clinical manifestations, prognosis and treatment modalities, as well as the nurse's responsibilities in educating the patient. Each chapter ends with NCLEX® examination-style review questions so that students may check their understanding of key topics. This guide provides the vital information students need to succeed in the classroom and in the clinical setting.
• Memory-reinforcing mnemonic devices and other engaging activities reinforce material.
• Frog-themed cartoon illustrations promote a light-hearted, engaging approach to learning.
• All 150 review questions include answers and rationales for both correct and incorrect answers.
• A new and improved full-color insert.
• Take Home Points highlight the most important points to study or to use in the clinical setting.
• Caution notes alert readers to urgent information about dangerous conditions and how to avoid them.
• Lifespan notes point out age-related variations in signs and symptoms, nursing interventions, and patient teaching.
• Culture notes describe possible variations related to a patient's cultural background.
• Web links direct readers to the Internet for additional resources.
• A new chapter offers careful coverage of neuropsychiatric disorders such as schizophrenia, mood disorders, and eating disorders.
• New topics include rheumatic heart disease, anemias and sickle cell disease, breast cancer, and cervical cancer.
• New information on burns includes a comprehensive care plan for patients with differing types of burns.
• Revised NCLEX® examination-style review questions include the new alternate item format questions, as well as 80 new questions.
• What You WILL LEARN highlights chapter objectives.
• Tell Us What YOU Think invites reader feedback.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Alterations in Immune and Inflammatory Response
A: Hypersensitivity Reactions
B: Excessive Immune Responses
C: Immunodeficiency Disorders and Autoimmune Disorders
Chapter 2: Alterations in Neuro Function
A: Acute Cerebral Disorders
B: Ischemic Disease and Stroke
C: Spinal Cord and Peripheral Nerve Disorders
D: CNS Inflammation and Infection
E: Chronic Disorders of Neurologic Function
F: Genetic and Developmental Disorders
G: Pain Syndromes
Chapter 3: Alterations in Hemostasis and Coagulation
A: Coagulation Disturbances
B: Disorders of Erythropoiesis and Erythrocyte Function
Chapter 4: Alterations in Blood Flow and Blood Pressure
A: Disorders of the Arterial Circulation
B: Disorders of the Venous Circulation
Chapter 5: Alterations in Cardiovascular Function
A: Disorders Resulting from Structural Defects
B: Endocardial and Valvular Disorders
C: Myocardial Disorders
D: Pericardial Disorders
E: Ischemic Heart Disease
Chapter 6: Alterations in Respiratory Function
A: Restrictive Lung Diseases
B: Infectious Lung Diseases
C: Obstructive Lung Diseases
D: Pulmonary Malignancies
Chapter 7: Alterations in Endocrine Function
A: Pituitary Disorders
B: Thyroid and Parathyroid Disorders
C: Adrenal Disorders
Chapter 8: Alterations in Gastrointestinal Function
A: Manifestations of Gastrointestinal Dysfunction
B: Disorders of the Esophagus
C: Diseases of the Stomach
D: Diseases of the Pancreas
E: Diseases of the Intestines
F: Diseases of the Liver and Gallbladder
G: Nutritional Disorders
H: Malignancies of the Gastrointestinal Tract
Chapter 9: Alterations in Urinary Tract Function
A: Functional Disorders of the Genitourinary Tract
B: Infectious Diseases of the Genitourinary Tract
C: Obstructive Disorders of the Genitourinary Tract
D: Glomerular Disorders of the Genitourinary Tract
E: Renal Failure
F: Hereditary Diseases of the Genitourinary Tract
G: Malignancies of the Genitourinary Tract
Chapter 10: Alterations in Genital and Reproductive Function
A: Male Reproductive Diseases
B: Female Reproductive Diseases
C: Infectious Diseases
D: Reproductive Malignancies
Chapter 11: Alterations In Musculoskeletal Function
A: Skeletal and Soft Tissue Disorders
B: Alterations in Bone Mass and Structure
C: Infectious Processes
Chapter 12: Alterations in Visual and Auditory Function
A: Disorders of the Eye
B: Disorders of the Ear
Chapter 13: Alterations in Integumentary Function
A: Infectious Diseases of the Skin
B: Inflammatory Disorders
C: Malignancies of the Skin
D: Burns New!
Chapter 14: Alterations in Neuropsychiatric Function New!
B: Mood Disorders
C: Eating Disorders
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >