- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: San Gabriel, CA
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Versatile, flexible, and compact, the Saunders Student Nurse Planner, Version 3 is an unrivaled, quick-reference, organizational tool for busy nursing students. The Planner helps students to manage their time and perform to their fullest potential in the classroom, during clinical sessions, and in practice. Advice on study skills, entering the clinical area for the first time, stress reduction, and communication is offered, along with a variety of planning calendars and a self-contained, customizable telephone directory.
• AID TO SUCCESS: Survival Spanish Phrases provides the nurse caring for diverse patient populations with selected phrases commonly used in the clinical setting in nurse-patient communication.
• Unique! AID TO SUCCESS: Basic, essential information on medicine administration, diagnostic tests, preparation of the preoperative and postoperative patient, updated staging of pressure ulcers, dosages and calculations, monitoring IV fluids are all available at one's fingertips in a concise, accessible format.
• Time management strategies help students perform to their fullest potential in the classroom, during clinical sessions, and in practice.
• Advice on study skills gives students the edge they need to succeed.
• Stress reduction techniques work wonders to improve focus and increase efficiency.
• Planning calendars help to organize and prioritize.
• Self-contained, customizable telephone directory provides plenty of room for both academic and personal information.
• Unique! AID TO SUCCESS: Glasgow Coma Scale gives a quantitative neurological assessment of level of consciousness.
• Unique! AID TO SUCCESS: Pain Assessment Tools — pain is the 5th vital sign, as explained in the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) Pain Standards.
• Unique! AID TO SUCCESS: Body Mass Index formula is the current tool for measuring total body fat and predicting obesity.
• Unique! AID TO SUCCESS: Table of the characteristics of the most commonly used IV fluids in the section on IV use, placement, and care.
• Content on State Boards gives students a timely source for key information.
• Educational Opportunities for Nursing Careers provides a heads-up for students planning their careers.
• Unique! Space-saving design includes a cleaner, more efficient layout that will keep this handbook compact yet bursting with helpful information.
• Unique! Lined Day Planner allows for greater flexibility with more room for busy weekend schedules.
1 Orientation to Nursing School
2 Getting the Most Out of the Clinical Experience
3 Dealing with Stress
4 Continuing Your Nursing Education
5 Aides to Success
6 Obtaining Information via the Internet
Appendix A: Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC)
Appendix B: Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC) Intervention Labels
Posted March 30, 2004
I entered nursing school last fall and this book/calendar helps with quick resources and keeps me organized. It also easily fits into backpack and also easy to carry to your clinicals in the hospital/community.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted August 21, 2003