Saunders Student Nurse Planner: A Guide to Success in Nursing School / Edition 5by Susan C. deWit
Pub. Date: 06/25/2007
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Versatile, flexible, and compact, this student planner is an unrivaled, quick-reference organizational tool for busy nursing students. It helps students manage their time and perform to their fullest potential in the classroom, during/h3>/b>/a>
Versatile, flexible, and compact, this student planner is an unrivaled, quick-reference organizational tool for busy nursing students. It helps students manage their time and perform to their fullest potential in the classroom, during clinical sessions, and in practice. Essential pain and neurological assessment scales, as well as a variety of helpful clinical tools, are provided.
- Aids to Success section provides essential, concise information on medication administration, diagnostic tests, preparation of the preoperative and postoperative patient, staging of pressure ulcers, dosages and calculations, and monitoring of IV fluids.
- Valuable assessment tools are provided in an easy-to-access format: Glasgow Coma Scale, Body Mass Index formula, and pain assessment tools.
- A table of the most commonly used IV fluids is included in the section on IV use, placement, and care.
- Basic Spanish phrases serve as a helpful resource for nurses caring for diverse patient populations.
- Time management strategies help students perform to their fullest potential in the classroom, during clinical sessions, and in practice.
- Advice on study skills gives students the edge they need to succeed.
- Stress reduction techniques improve focus and increase efficiency.
- Space-saving, compact design provides a clean, efficient presentation.
- Lined Day Planner allows for scheduling flexibility and includes plenty of room for busy weekend schedules.
- Planning calendars help students organize and prioritize.
- Self-contained, customizable telephone directory provides plenty of room for both academic and personal information.
- Includes a fall risk assessment tool for use in determining the risk for falls of older adults, pressure ulcer risk factors, a scale of pitting edema, and a chart listing equianagesic doses of opioids.
- HIPAA requirements for confidentiality are explained, with a table of Rights provided by HIPAA.
- JCAHO safety guidelines for surgery and safety guidelines to prevent medication errors provide the most up-to-date information for practice.
- A table of commonly used drugs is provided, as well as a table of lab values that should be checked prior to administration.
- An explanation of the incentive spirometer and its use in postsurgical patient teaching is included.
- NCLEX alternative format questions are offered, with explanations and examples.
By Susan C. deWit, MSN, RN, CNS, PHN, Formerly, Instructor of Nursing, El Centro College, Dallas, TX; and Allan Hancock College, Santa Maria, CA.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Saunders Student Nurse Planner: A Guide to Success in Nursing School Series
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.30(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.80(d)
Table of Contents1. Orientation to Nursing School
2. Getting the Most Out of the Clinical Experience
3. Dealing with Stress
4. Continuing Your Education
5. Aids to Success
6. Obtaining Information via the Internet
Appendix A: Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC) Outcome Labels
Appendix B: Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC) Intervention Labels
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >