Schaum's Outline of Statistics and Econometrics / Edition 1by Dominick Salvatore
Pub. Date: 01/01/2003
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Companies, The
- Features four new sections*on nonparametric tests,the Logit Model,the Probit Model,and causality tests*complete with new models and tests used in financial
- The updated and expanded second edition of the internationally bestselling guide to principles and practices for undergraduate business and economics students taking mandatory economics statistics courses.
- Features four new sections*on nonparametric tests,the Logit Model,the Probit Model,and causality tests*complete with new models and tests used in financial econometrics,and a new chapter on time series econometrics
- Over 100,000 students enrolled annually
- Includes numerous examples,completely worked problems,supplementary problems,and two full-length self-examinations
- Updated examples with the most current U.S. and world data
- Two complete self examinations
- New chapter on Time Series Econometrics
- Perfect for pre-test review
- Statistics and Econometrics
- Statistical Methods in Economics
- Quantitative Methods in Economics
- Mathematical Economics
- Math for Economists
- Math for Social Sciences
SCHAUM'S OUTLINES OVER 30 MILLION SOLD
Master the fundamentals of statistics and econometrics with Schaum'sthe high-performance study guide. It will help you cut study time,hone problem-solving skills,and achieve your personal best on exams and projects!
Students love Schaum's Outlines because they produce results. Each year,hundreds of thousands of students improve their test scores and final grades with these indispensable study guides.
Get the edge on your classmates. Use Schaum's!
If you don't have a lot of time but want to excel inclass,this book helps you:
- Use detailed examples to solve problems
- Brush up before tests
- Find answers fast
- Study quickly and more effectively
- Get the big picture without poring over lengthy textbooks
Schaum's Outlines give you the information your teachers expect you to know in a handy and succinct formatwithout overwhelming you with unnecessary jargon. You get a complete overview of the subject. Plus,you get plenty of practice exercises to test your skill. Compatible with any classroom text,Schaum's let you study at your own pace and remind you of all the important facts you need to rememberfast! And Schaum's are so complete,they're perfect for preparing for graduate or professional exams.
Inside,you will find:
- Full coverage of statistics and econometrics,from Nonparametric Tests to Causality Tests
- New chapters on the Logit Model and the Probit Model
- Hundreds of solved problems,including step-by-step annotations
- New sections on Financial and Time Series Econometrics
- A complete and comprehensive review of the subject
If you want top grades and a thorough understanding of statistics and econometrics,this powerful study tool is the best tutor you can have!
- Descriptive Statistics
- Probability and Probability Distributions
- Statistical Inference: Estimation
- Statistical Inference: Testing Hypotheses
- Simple Regression Analysis
- Multiple Regression Analysis
- Further Techniques and Applications in Regression Analysis
- Problems in Regression Analysis
- Simultaneous-Equations Methods
- Time Series Methods
- Computer Applications in Econometrics
- Binomial Distribution
- Poisson Distribution
- Standard Normal Distribution
- Table of Random Numbers
- Student's Distribution
- F Distribution
- Durbin-Watson Statistic
- Wilcoxon W
- Kolmogorov-Smirnov Critical Values
- ADF Critical Values
- Data Sources on the Web
Related Titles in Schaum's Outlines Mathematics & Statistics
Advanced Calculus Advanced Mathematics for Engineers & Scientists Analytic Geometry Basic Mathematics for Electricity & Electronics,2nd Ed.
Basic Mathematics with Applications to Science and Technology,2nd Ed.
Beginning Calculus,2nd Ed.
Beginning Linear Algebra Beginning Statistics Boolean Algebra & Switching Circuits Calculus,4th Ed.
Calculus for Business,Economics,and the Social Sciences Calculus of Finite Differences & Difference Equations
- College Algebra,2nd Ed.
College Mathematics,2nd Ed.
Combinatorics Complex Variables Differential Equations,2nd Ed.
Differential Geometry Discrete Mathematics,2nd Ed.
Elementary Algebra,2nd Ed.
Elementary Mathematics,Review of (including Arithmetic),2nd Ed.
Elements of Statistics I: Descriptive Statistics and Probability Elements of Statistics II: Inferential Statistics Finite Element Analysis Finite Mathematics,2nd Ed.
Fourier Analysis General Topology Geometry,2nd Ed.
Graph Theory Group Theory Intermediate Algebra Introduction to Probability and Statistics Laplace Transforms Linear Algebra,2nd Ed.
Mathematical Handbook of Formulas and Tables,2nd Ed.
Mathematical Methods for Business and Economics Matrix Operations Numerical Analysis,2nd Ed.
Partial Differential Equations Precalculus Probability,2nd Ed.
Probability,Random Variables,& Random Processes Real Variables Set Theory & Related Topics,2nd Ed.
Tensor Calculus Trigonometry,3rd Ed.
Understanding Calculus Concepts Vector Analysis
A bullet next to a title indicates that a Schaum's Electronic Tutor is also available.
Table of Contents
Probability and Probability Distributions.
Statistics Inference: Estimation.
Statistical Inference: Testing Hypothesis.
Simple Regression Analysis.
Multiple Regression Analysis.
Problems in Regression Analysis.
Further Techniques and Applications in Regression Analysis.
Time Series Econometrics.
Standard Normal Distribution.
Table of Random Numbers.
Student t Distribution.
Critical Values of Runs in the Run Tests.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews