- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
• Clarifying and ...
• Clarifying and communicating the mission and learning principles of your school
• Using the UbD backward-design process to plan standards-based curriculum and assessment programs
• Aligning your instructional programs to teaching and learning processes that help learners understand why content matters and how to transfer learning
• Focusing on desired results and using results data as a reliable way to determine the effectiveness of current efforts and how to proceed in the future
• Creating hiring, appraisal, and professional development processes that reinforce the mission of your school
• Developing structures, policies, and governance that support your school improvement process and keep it going
Included with each tool are why and how to use the tool, tips on applying and varying the tool, warnings of possible pitfalls, and exemplars to ease implementation. An accompanying CD-ROM containing all of the tools—plus additional "bonus" tools not included in the binder—makes it easy easily duplicate and personalize tools for your school or district applications.