- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
"Schlechty's common-sense approach to restructuring is combined with a strategic planner's vision and the translation of beliefs into action... A wide audience, including principals and superintAndents, can find in this book practical outlines for restructuring, and a distinctive and focused view of their role in the educational system sof the twenty-first century."
—The School Administrator
Schlechty provides an innovative, adaptable framework for helping leaders in all areas of education to identify where change is needed in order to make schools more useful and responsive to children and society.
Part One: The Purpose of Schools.
1. A Future in Jeopardy: Why the Schools of Today Must Change.
2. How the Past Has Shaped the Present: The Shaky Foundation of School System Structures.
3. New Purposes for a New Era: Reinventing Our Schools.
Part Two: The Ingredients of Invention.
4. The Power of Vision: Creating and Sharing the Seeds of Innovation.
5. The Capacity to Respond Quickly: Building Adaptability into the System.
6. The Ability to Rally Support for Change: Managing to Satisfy the Needs of Constituents.
7. The Creation of Change Systems: Tackling Problems at Their Source.
8. A Focus on Results: Evaluating Performers and Performances.
Part Three: Leadership for the Twenty-First Century.
9. Leading a School System Through Change: Key Steps for Moving Reform Forward.
10. A Bright Future Secured: Developing Strong Leaders for Our Schools.