- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
"Schlechty's common-sense approach to restructuring is combined with a strategic planner's vision and the translation of beliefs into action... A wide audience, including principals and superintAndents, can find in this book practical outlines for restructuring, and a distinctive and focused view of their role in the educational system sof the twenty-first century."
—The School Administrator
Schlechty provides an innovative, adaptable framework for helping leaders in all areas of education to identify where change is needed in order to make schools more useful and responsive to children and society.
Part One: The Purpose of Schools.
1. A Future in Jeopardy: Why the Schools of Today MustChange.
2. How the Past Has Shaped the Present: The Shaky Foundation ofSchool System Structures.
3. New Purposes for a New Era: Reinventing Our Schools.
Part Two: The Ingredients of Invention.
4. The Power of Vision: Creating and Sharing the Seeds ofInnovation.
5. The Capacity to Respond Quickly: Building Adaptability into theSystem.
6. The Ability to Rally Support for Change: Managing to Satisfy theNeeds of Constituents.
7. The Creation of Change Systems: Tackling Problems at TheirSource.
8. A Focus on Results: Evaluating Performers andPerformances.
Part Three: Leadership for the Twenty-First Century.
9. Leading a School System Through Change: Key Steps for MovingReform Forward.
10. A Bright Future Secured: Developing Strong Leaders for OurSchools.