- Overture, Scherzo, & Finale for orchestra in E minor / E major, Op. 52
- Genoveva, opera, Op. 81: Overture
- Overture to Schiller's Braut von Messina, for orchestra in C minor, Op. 100
- Overture to Shakespeare's Julius Caesar, for orchestra in F minor, Op. 128
- Overture to Goethe's Hermann und Dorothea, for orchestra in B minor, Op. 136
- Scenes From Goethe's Faust for vocal soloists, chorus, & orchestra (or piano), WoO 3: Overture
- Manfred, overture & incidental music, Op. 115: Overture
- Release Date:
Performance CreditsJohannes Wildner Primary Artist
Write a Review
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
Schumann: Overtures based on 0 ratings. 1 reviews.
Anyone who is a fan of Classical Music; in this case "Romantic Era German" will find this album a delight. This is a fine example of Schumann's style of music writing and is most excellently performed by Johannes Wildner and the Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra. Indeed, one would almost certainly be inclined to conclude that Schumann's style of music writing seems to pick up where Beethoven's left off. an essential album.