- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Authors Barwig and Hilliard emphasize selection and raising of the dog to suit the owner's needs as well as crystallizing the goals and techniques in training for each phase of the process. A unique format guides the reader first through an overview of each component and then into the philosophy and training techniques for all activities.
Beautifully organized and abundantly illustrated, this book will allow the reader to tailor these training systems to suit individual needs, producing a dog of value to many. Schutzhund: Theory and Training Methods is a volume essential to any obedience or Schutzhund fan's library.
Provides an outstanding analysis of why and how protection, obedience and tracking all play an integral part in training a Schutzhund.
About the Authors.
1. What Is Schutzhund?
2. Selecting the Schutzhund Dog.
3. An Overview of Schutzhund Training.
4. Tracking: Requirements of the Trial.
5. An Overview of the Tracking Phase.
6. Tracking: Roles of the Handler and Tracklayer.
7. Tracking: Schooling the Dog.
8. Obedience: Requirements of the Trial.
9. An Overview of the Obedience Phase.
10. Obedience: Basic Training.
11. Obedience: The Exercises out of Motion.
12. Obedience: Retrieves, Obstacles and Send Away.
13. Protection: Requirements of the Trial.
14. An Overview of the Protection Phase.
15. Protection: Drive Work.
16. Protection: The Hold and Bark and the Out.
17. Protection: Obedience for Bites and the Blind Search.
Glossary of Schutzhund Terminology.
Suggested Viewing and Reading.
Posted August 29, 2005
Gives a great overview of the sport and 3 phases. Good starter to ancwer questions and give background prior to starting training with a trainer or club
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted October 25, 2009
No text was provided for this review.