The Science and Engineering of Thermal Spray Coatings / Edition 2by Lech Pawlowski
Thermal spraying has become the most versatile coating method in materials engineering. This text describes the state of art o f this technology in a logical way: starting from the feedstock used to spray and the methods of manufacturing, u to the present and potential future industrial applications of sprayed coatings. The book, based on then successful first… See more details below
Thermal spraying has become the most versatile coating method in materials engineering. This text describes the state of art o f this technology in a logical way: starting from the feedstock used to spray and the methods of manufacturing, u to the present and potential future industrial applications of sprayed coatings. The book, based on then successful first edition published in 1995, describes new topics in thermal spray technology such as nanostructured deposits, the cold spray method, advanced mathematical methods of process modelling, and many others. This entirely rewritten new edition also covers the advanced methods of coatings characterization and their different mechanical, electrical, physical and chemical properties.
- Methods of powder manufacturing including emerging methods of high temperature synthesis, their characterization and the problems related to the transport and injection of a powder into a jet or flame.
- The technical basis of the coating preparation processes, including pre-spray treatment of a substrate with the methods of surface activation by sand blasting, laser ablation and water jet and the methods of masking the elected areas of the coated surface.
- The physics and chemistry of thermal spraying and the metallurgy of coating formation as well as a discussion on coating build-up from the individual particles.
- The methods of coatings characterization such as advanced microstructural investigations including scanning electron microscope; X-ray diffraction; transmission electron microscope; mercury intrusion porosimetry, etc.
- Application of castings in numerous industrial sectors such as aeronautics, automobiles, chemicals and mechanical engineering, including the status of research of emerging applications in electronic and energy generating sectors.
This book is addressed to graduate and PhD students wishing to familiarize themselves with thermal spraying. Professionals working in the area will find it useful as a reminder of the scientific fundamentals of the deposition process, whilst academic and industrial researchers will find up-to-de information on the most important research areas of this rapidly growing field.
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 9.00(w) x 6.00(h) x 1.63(d)
Table of Contents
Acronyms, Abbreviations and Symbols
1 Materials Used for Spraying 1
2 Pre-Spray Treatment 53
3 Thermal Spraying Techniques 67
4 Post-Spray Treatment 115
5 Physics and Chemistry of Thermal Spraying 167
6 Coating Build-Up 221
7 Methods of Coatings' Characterization 291
8 Properties of Coatings 383
9 Applications of Coatings 543
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >