The Science of ADHD: A Guide for Parents and Professionals / Edition 1by Chris Chandler
Pub. Date: 01/25/2011
- Provides an up-to-date account of the neuroscience of ADHD, and the
The Science of ADHD addresses the scientific status of Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in an informed and accessible way, without recourse to emotional or biased viewpoints. The author utilises the very latest studies to present a reasoned account of ADHD and its treatment.
- Provides an up-to-date account of the neuroscience of ADHD, and the limitations of such research
- Addresses the scientific status of ADHD from an objective and evidence-based standpoint without recourse to emotional and uninformed argument
- Describes and discusses the ever increasing scientific evidence
- As a parent of a child with ADHD, the author has first-hand experience of the subject matter, and a unique understanding of the information parents require on the subject
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.10(w) x 9.00(h) x 1.00(d)
Table of ContentsAcknowledgments.
1. What is ADHD?
2. Diagnosis, Epidemiology and Comorbidity.
3. Causality and the environmental hypotheses of ADHD.
4. Psychological theories of ADHD.
5. The Genetics of ADHD.
6. The Neuroscience of ADHD.
7. Psychostimulant Treatment of ADHD.
8. Non-stimulant Medication and Non-pharmacological Treatment.
9. Addiction, Reward and ADHD.
10. The Past, Present and Future Science of ADHD.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >