Science of Nutrition Plus MasteringNutrition with eText -- Access Card Package / Edition 3by Janice J. Thompson, Melinda Manore, Linda Vaughan
Pub. Date: 01/25/2013
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID,/b>/b>/b>
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
The Science of Nutrition, Third Edition is uniquely organized using an applied approach, which organizes vitamins and minerals based on their functions and effects on the body. This applied approach is most evident in the functional organization of the micronutrient (vitamin and mineral) chapters. Rather than requiring you to memorize all the vitamins and minerals and their characteristics, the authors present them based on their functions (like fluid and electrolyte balance, antioxidant function, bone health, energy metabolism, and blood and immunity health), so that you can understand their effects on the body.
The Third Edition of the book adds New Focus Figure spreads that concentrate on the toughest topics to learn and understand. Expanded in-text Math activities pump up the content. Key content innovations also enhance instructor teaching and student learning outcomes through smarter, more focused, and streamlined content organization.
0321901835 / 9780321901835 Science of Nutrition Plus MasteringNutrition with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of
0321832000 / 9780321832009 Science of Nutrition, The
0321906578 / 9780321906571 MasteringNutrition plus MyDietAnalysis with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for The Science of Nutrition
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.80(w) x 11.10(h) x 1.30(d)
Table of Contents
1. The Science of Nutrition: Linking Food, Function, and Health
2. Designing a Healthful Diet
3. The Human Body: Are We Really What We Eat?
4. Carbohydrates: Plant-Derived Energy Nutrients
4.5: In-Depth: Alcohol
5. Lipids: Essential Energy-Supplying Nutrients
6. Proteins: Crucial Components of All Body Tissues
7. Metabolism: From Food to Life
7.5: In-Depth: Vitamins and Minerals: Micronutrients with Macro Powers
8. Nutrients Involved in Energy Metabolism
9. Nutrients Involved in Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
10. Nutrients Involved in Antioxidant Function and Vision
10.5: In-Depth: Phytochemicals
11. Nutrients Involved in Bone Health
12. Nutrients Involved in Blood Health and Immunity
13. Achieving and Maintaining a Healthful Body Weight
13.5 In-Depth: Disordered Eating
14. Nutrition and Physical Activity: Keys to Good Health
15. Consumer Issues: Food Safety, Production, and Impact on the Environment
16. Nutrition Through the Life Cycle: Pregnancy and the First Year of Life
17. Nutrition Through the Life Cycle: Childhood and Adolescence
18. Nutrition Through the Life Cycle: The Later Years
19. Global Nutrition
Answers to Review Questions
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >