- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Chatham, NJ
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Innovation you can use
The Scott Foresman Handbook is designed to anticipate the questions of student writers and answer them clearly, fully, and imaginatively. This innovative resource is known for addressing the multiple dimensions of a writer’s work - including language, reading, argument, research, technology, visual learning and more.
The eighth edition of Scott Foresman Handbook for Writers continues to break new ground by thinking about how writers may respond to the emerging technologies and theories that impact communication. It is a valuable resource and the ideal guide to help students write in the college classroom and beyond.
1. What Does Writing Involve?
2. How Do You Find and Explore a Topic?
3. How Do You Focus and Organize a Writing Project?
4. How Do You Write a Draft?
5. How Do You Revise, Edit, and Proofread?
PART II. WRITING FOR ACADEMIC AND PUBLIC FORUMS.
6. How Do You Write in College?
7. How Do You Write for the Public?
8. How Do You Read and Think Critically?
9. How Can You Write Powerful Arguments I
10. How Can You Write Powerful Arguments II
11. How Do You Write About Literature?
PART III. STYLE.
12. What Makes Paragraphs Work?
13. How Do You Craft Opening and Closing Paragraphs?
14. How Do You Manage Transition?
15. What Kinds of Language Can You Use?
16. How Do You Construct Effective Sentences?
17. How Do You Write Stylish Sentences?
PART IV. DESIGN AND SHAPE OF WRITING.
18. How Do You Design Documents?
19. How Do You Create Professional and Business Documents?
20. How Do You Design an Oral Presentation?
21. How Do You Design a Web Site?
PART V. GRAMMAR.
22. Questions About Subject-Verb Agreement?
23. Questions About Verb Tense, Voice, and Mood?
24. Questions About Verbals?
25. Questions About Plurals, Possessives, and Articles?
26. Questions About Pronoun Reference?
27. Questions About Pronoun Agreement?
28. Questions About Pronoun Case?
29. Questions About Pronoun Choices?
30. Questions About Modifiers?
31. Are You an ESL Writer?
32. ESL Questions About Verbs?
33. ESL Questions About Gerunds, Infinitives, Articles, or Number?
PART VI. PUNCTUATION AND MECHANICS.
34. How Do You Punctuate Sentence Endings?
35. Questions About Sentence Boundaries: Fragments, Comma Splices, and Run-ons?
36. Questions About Commas?
37. Questions About Semicolons and Colons?
38. Questions About Quotation Marks and Ellipses?
39. Questions About Parentheses and Brackets?
40. Questions About Dashes, Hyphens, and Slashes?
41. Questions About Italics and Capitalization?
42. Questions About Abbreviations and Numbers?
PART VII. RESEARCH AND WRITING.
43. How Do You Design a Research Project?
44. How Do You Find Information?
45. How Do You Evaluate Sources?
46. How Do You Use Sources Responsibly?
47. How Do You Introduce and Quote from Sources?
48. How Do You Produce a Final Draft?
PART VIII. DOCUMENTATION.
49. How Do You Document a Research Paper?
50. How Do You Use MLA Documentation?
51. How Do You Use APA Documentation?
52. How Do You Use CMS Documentation?
Glossary of Terms and Usage.
Posted April 18, 2010
No text was provided for this review.