- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Seamless Government tells how to re-engineer government agencies to meet the needs of its customers "seamlessly" that is, in a smooth, effortless, responsive manner. The author details a step-by-step approach for re-engineering in all levels of government, explaining how to assess, design, and implement radical changes in the way government does business—and how to overcome resistance along the way. "Full of fresh insights and illuminating examples. For readers outside the government, it will be a valuable guide to the ongoing struggle to improve the performance of public bureaucracies. For those inside the government (or other large organizations), it will be an indispensable how-to manual."—James Fallows, Washington editor, The Atlantic Monthly
NEW REALITIES FOR PUBLIC AGENCIES.
1. The Quiet Revolution in American Government.
2. The Evolution of Work in Public and Private Bureaucracies.
3. A New Approach to Work: Re-Engineering and the Seamless Organization.
RE-ENGINEERING PUBLIC ORGANIZATIONS: PRINCIPLES, STRATEGIES, AND GUIDELINES.
4. Principles of Re-Engineering.
5. Setting the Stage for Re-Engineering.
6. Re-Engineering Step-by-Step.
7. Overcoming Public Sector Constraints.
8. Aligning Systems to Support Seamless Work.
PULLING IT ALL TOGETHER.
9. Re-Engineering Lessons from Two Agencies.
10. Getting Started on Re-Engineering.
Conclusion: Working Without Walls.