The Second Media Age / Edition 1by Mark Poster
Pub. Date: 08/11/1995
This book examines the implications of new communication technologies in the light of the most recent work in social and cultural theory. Poster critically evaluates the concepts of media and technology in various traditions of cultural theory with the aim of rethinking the relations of humans to machines.
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.45(d)
Table of Contents
Part I: Theoretical Reconsiderations: .
1. Social Theory and the New Media.
2. Postmodern Virtualities.
3. Postmodernity and the Politics of Multiculturalism.
4. The Mode of Information and Postmodernity.
5. Databases as Discourse, or Electronic Interpellations.
6. Critical Theory and TechnoCulture: Habermas and Baudrillard.
Part II: Medias: .
7. Politics in the Mode of Information: Spike Lee's Do the Right Thing. .
9. What Does Wotan Want? Ambivalent Feminism in Wagner's Ring. .
10. War in the Mode of Information.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >