Secrets You Need To Know About Dyslexia That Will Save Your Child's Self-Esteem: An Interview With Susan Barton, Founder of Bright Solutions For Dyslexiaby Michael Senoff
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
The harsh reality when it comes to dyslexia is this – you can’t afford to wait for your child’s school to figure it out because that may never happen. Studies show one in five kids struggles with dyslexia, but federal education laws don’t require schools to screen or test for it. And a child who can’t keep up with peers, who’s embarrassed when another child sees his class work, or who feels stupid every day at school is at risk for lifelong emotional scarring.
But parents don’t have to sit back and watch it happen anymore. There are steps you can take to help your child if you suspect they have dyslexia. And in this audio, you’ll hear all about them from Susan Barton, founder of Bright Solutions For Dyslexia. She’s going to tell you how to identify the classic warning signs and how to help your child overcome them at home and at school.
You’ll Also Hear . . .
• A simple "laundry list" of things to look for if you suspect your child has dyslexia
• Exploding the dyslexia myths: For example, do they really see things backwards?
• Where to find a simple free screening test
• The one best way to help schools get the training they need for dyslexia (but probably can’t afford)
• The science behind the disorder – what causes the differences in brain structure and wiring detectable in dyslexics
• How to look at your family tree to determine warning signs and risk factors
• How to know if your child’s school is “behind the times” when it comes to dyslexia and a simple book you can give them that will catch them up to speed
Fortunately, dyslexia is manageable, and dyslexics go on to achieve anything they want in life – architecture, computers, science, medicine, engineering, etc. But it’s not something people naturally “grow out of” and does require a treatment plan. However, it’s never too early (or too late) to get started. And in this audio, you’ll hear the latest and greatest strategies for success.
- Michael Senoff
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 23 KB
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >