Security in Fixed and Wireless Networks: An Introduction to Securing Data Communications / Edition 1by Gunter Schafer, Gnter Schfer, GÙnter Schdfer
Pub. Date: 03/01/2004
With our modern society' s increased dependence on information technology and communication networks, the subject of network security is developing into a crucial base technology and most people working in the networking and information technology business will need to know the basics of fixed and wireless network security. This book gives a firm
With our modern society' s increased dependence on information technology and communication networks, the subject of network security is developing into a crucial base technology and most people working in the networking and information technology business will need to know the basics of fixed and wireless network security. This book gives a firm introduction into the field covering the fundamentals of data security technology and explaining in-depth how they are applied in communication networks.
Approaches network security from the wireless as well as the computer networking side.
- Concentrates on the core networking issues (first 4 layers up to the transport layer).
- Helps the reader to understand the risks of a lack of security in a network & how to prevent it.
- Brings security in networks up to date by covering wireless and mobile security issues.
- Includes security issues around hot topics such as wireless LANs (e.g. 802.11), AAA (Authentication, authorization, and accounting), and Mobile IP.
- Illustrates complicated security concepts with exercises and features an extensive glossary.
An essential reference tool for graduate students of computer science, electrical engineering and telecommunications who need to learn the basics of network security. Also, professionals working in data- & telecommunications will also benefit from the book as it gives a self-contained introduction to the basics of network security: network managers, engineers, IT managers.
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.97(w) x 9.70(h) x 1.12(d)
Table of Contents
I: FOUNDATIONS OF DATA SECURITY TECHNOLOGY.
2. Fundamentals of Cryptology.
3. Symmetric Cryptography.
4. Asymmetric Cryptography.
5. Cryptographic Check Values.
6. Random Number Generation.
7. Cryptographic Protocols.
8. Access Control.
II: NETWORK SECURITY.
9. Integration of Security Services.
10. Link Layer Security Protocols.
11. IPSec Security Architecture.
12. Transport Layer Security Protocols.
13. Internet Firewalls.
III: SECURE WIRELESS AND MOBILE COMMUNICATIONS.
14. Security Aspects of Mobile Communication.
15. Security in Wireless Local Area Networks.
16. Security in Mobile Wide-Area Networks.
17. Security of Mobile Internet Communication.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >