Seidel's Guide to Physical Examination / Edition 8by Jane W. Ball
Pub. Date: 02/17/2014
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
With a strong patient-centered approach to care and an author team comprised of nurses and physicians, Seidel’s Guide to Physical Examination, 8th Edition, addresses teaching and learning health assessment in nursing, medical, and a wide variety of other health-care programs, at both undergraduate and graduate levels. This new edition offers an/b>
- Elsevier Textbook Sale
With a strong patient-centered approach to care and an author team comprised of nurses and physicians, Seidel’s Guide to Physical Examination, 8th Edition, addresses teaching and learning health assessment in nursing, medical, and a wide variety of other health-care programs, at both undergraduate and graduate levels. This new edition offers an increased focus on evidence-based practice and improved readability, along with integrated lifespan content and numerous special features such as Clinical Pearls and Physical Variations, Functional Assessment, and Staying Well boxes.
• Evidence-Based Practice in Physical Examination boxes supply you with current data on the most effective techniques for delivering quality patient care.
• Clinical Pearls lend insights and clinical expertise to help you develop clinical judgment skills.
• Functional Assessment boxes present a more holistic approach to patient care that extends beyond the physical exam to patients’ functional ability.
• Staying Well boxes focus you on patient wellness and health promotion.
• Risk Factor boxes provide opportunities for patient teaching or genetic testing for a variety of conditions.
• Differential diagnosis content offers you an understanding of how disease presentations vary and specific information for how to make diagnoses from similar abnormal findings.
• Abnormal Findings tables equip you with a quick, illustrated reference that allows for comparisons of various abnormalities along with key symptoms and underlying pathophysiology.
• Sample Documentation boxes clarify appropriate professional language for the process of recording patient assessment data.
• NEW! Advance Practice Skills highlighted throughout text makes identification and reference easier for students.
• NEW! Updated content throughout provides you with cutting-edge research and a strong evidence-based approach to care.
• NEW! Vital Signs and Pain Assessment Chapter groups important, foundational tasks together for easy reference in one location.
• NEW! Improvereadability ensures content remains clear, straightforward, and easy to understand.
• NEW! Updated illustrations and photographs enhances visual appeal and clarifies anatomic concepts and exam techniques.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.80(w) x 11.10(h) x 1.30(d)
Table of Contents
1.The History and Interviewing Process
3.Examination Techniques and Equipment
4.Vital Signs and Pain Assessment NEW!
6.Growth and Measurement
8.Skin, Hair, and Nails
10.Head and Neck
12.Ears, Nose, and Throat
13.Chest and Lungs
16.Breasts and Axillae
20.Anus, Rectum, and Prostate
23.Sports Participation Evaluation
24.Putting It All Together
25.Taking the Next Steps: Critical Thinking
27.Emergency or Life-Threatening Situations
Appendix A: Conversion Tables
Appendix B: Temperature Equivalents
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >