Selecting the Pope: Uncovering the Mysteries of Papal Electionsby Greg Tobin
Selecting the Pope examines each rule of the election /i>
The selection of the next pope is the most important decision affecting Roman Catholics in over twenty-five years. Award-winning author Greg Tobin offers the perfect guide to understanding the process, history, and present-day issues impacting that decision.
Selecting the Pope examines each rule of the election process—and explores the rich history behind the conclave and the key issues that will shape the future of the Catholic Church.
- Why the election always concludes with the rising of white smoke
- What powers the cardinals hold during the vacancy of the Holy See
- Pope John Paul II's startling changes to the centuries-old election process
- A day-by-day account of the balloting inside the Sistine Chapel
- How the electors should behave during the conclave—even their "dress code"
- Ancient rituals for confirming a pope's death—including striking him with a hammer!
- A look at the list of probable successors to John Paul II
- Sterling Publishing
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.50(w) x 8.10(h) x 0.70(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews