Semantics in Generative Grammar / Edition 1by Irene Heim, Angelika Kratzer
Pub. Date: 01/28/1998
Written by two of the leading figures in the field, this is a lucid and systematic introduction to formal semantics. See more details below
Written by two of the leading figures in the field, this is a lucid and systematic introduction to formal semantics.
Table of Contents
1. Truth-conditional Semantics and the Fregean Program.
2. Executing the Fregean Program.
3. Semantics and Syntax.
4. More of English: Non-verbal Predicates, Modifiers, Definite Descriptions.
5. Relative Clauses, Variables, Variable Binding.
6. Quantifiers: Their Semantic Type.
7. Quantification and Grammar.
8. Syntactic and Semantic Constraints on Quantifier Movement.
9. Bound and Referential Pronouns and Ellipsis.
10. Syntactic and Semantic Binding.
11. E-Type Anaphora.
12. First Steps Towards an Intensional Semantics.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >