- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: acton, MA
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
"A long-awaited book, destined to become a classic."
—Jane A. Lamb Nichols, acting vice chancellor for academic and student affairs, University and Community College System of Nevada
The Senior Year Experience is the long-awaited sequel to the 1989 classic book The Freshman Year Experience. Like its highly acclaimed predecessor, this important book fills a gap in the literature on the topic of student transition. It offers a blueprint of the best ideas and strategies for ensuring that the end of the college experience is as promising as the beginning.
UNDERSTANDING THE UNIQUE NEEDS OF TODAY'S SENIORS.
1. The Emerging Movement to Strengthen the Senior Experience (John N.Gardner & Gretchen Van der Veer).
2. Obectives and Benefits of Senior Year Programs (Joseph B. Cuseo).
3. Moving On: Seniors as People in Transition (Arthur W. Chickering & Nancy K. Schlossberg).
4. A President's Personal and Historical Perspective (Arthur Levine).
5. Are College Seniors Prepared to Work? (Philip D. Gardner).
ENHANCING THE SENIOR YEAR EXPERIENCE.
6. Curricular Structures for Cumulative Learning (Barbara Leigh Smith).
7. Preparing Students for Life Beyond the Classroom (Elwood F. Holton, III).
8. Leadership Education in the Senior Experience (Stephen W. Schwartz & Nance Lucas).
9. Developing "Civic Virtue" Among College Students (Linda J. Sax & Alexander W. Astin).
10. Strengthening the Ties That Bind: Cultural Events, Rituals, and Traditions (George D. Kuh).
11. Creating Pathways to Graduate School (Richard B. Lawhon).
DEVELOPING SPECIAL SUPPORT SERVICES FOR SENIORS.
12. Comprehensive Career Services for Seniors (Denise Dwight Smith & Linda K. Gast).
13. College-to-Career Transition Programs for Multiethnic Students (Linda Bates Parker, et al.).
14. Preparing Seniors for Roles as Active Alumni (Jeffery W. Johnson & Peter D. Eckel).
IMPLICATIONS FOR CAMPUS SERVICES AND PRACTICES.
15. Looking Back, Moving Ahead: Assessment in the Senior Year (Karl L. Schilling & Karen Maitland Schilling).
16. Mobilizing Campus Support for Senior Year Programs (William L. Thomas, Jr.).
17. A Summary Agenda for Enriching the Senior Year (John N. Gardner & Gretchen Van der Veer).