Today, pastors are busier than ever, with more time spent in ministry activities and less time spent in sermon preparation. Sermon Outlines for Busy Pastors: Volume 1 gives the busy pastor a head start on sermon preparation. With 52 complete sermon outlines, pastors ...
Today, pastors are busier than ever, with more time spent in ministry activities and less time spent in sermon preparation. Sermon Outlines for Busy Pastors: Volume 1 gives the busy pastor a head start on sermon preparation. With 52 complete sermon outlines, pastors can save hundreds of hours a year, with the base research and layout for a year's worth of sermons already in place.
Here's some advantages Sermon Outlines for Busy Pastors: Volume 1 provides:
* These are complete sermon outlines. Each sermon outline is much more than a basic three point outline requiring a lot of time and research to flesh out. These outlines go much deeper, with each main point completely developed with sub-points and more.
* Each sermon outline has a wealth of detail, great for spurring your own thoughts and allowing you to take the sermon in another direction as you feel led.
* Sermon illustrations include enough detail to suggest your own personal or applicable illustrations.
* A complete sermon series is included, providing a map for the next several Sundays, saving many hours of advance planning and preparation.
All sermons are based completely in Scripture. Here's a complete list of the sermons and the Scripture passages they are based upon:
1. You've Been Here Long Enough - Deut. 2:1-7
2. He is God - Mark 14:55-65
3. World History - Gen. 1:1
4. Meeting the Challenge - Rom. 10:13-17
5. The Way It Really Is - Isa. 6:1-9
6. Why? - John 9:1-5
7. Lessons from Ephesus - Eph. 1:1-3
8. Stairway to Heaven - Gen. 28:10-19
9. What is Your Definition of Success? - Luke 12:13-21
10. Real Faith - 1 Sam. 13:23-14:14
11. He's Still Jesus - Matt. 11:1-6
12. Jesus, Our Reconcilliation - Rom. 5:6-11
13. What If There Had Been No Resurrection? - 1 Cor. 15:1-20
14. The Lord's Supper - Luke 22:14-20
15. Commitment Requirements - Matt. 26:36-46
16. Law and Grace - John 8:2-12
17. Your Biography - James 4:14
18. Be Single-Minded - Matt. 6:19-24
19. Come Back to God - Hos. 11:1-11
20. The Influence of Mothers - 2 Tim 1:1-6
21. The Message of Jesus - Mark 1:14-15
22. The Rule of the Temporary and the Eternal - Phil. 4:4
23. Be Encouraged - Rom. 8:31-39
24. Skeletons in the Closet - Matt. 1:1-17
25. Men on Fire - Dan. 3:1-30
26. Judas - Luke 6:12-16
27. Forgiveness - Matthew 18:21-22
28. Repentance Toward Revival - 2 Sam. 11:1-5
29. Revival Conditions - 2 Chron. 7:13-15
30. A Revival for God's Army - 1 Sam 17:4-11
31. The Work Required - John 6:28-29
32. Five Steps to Spiritual Maturity - Heb. 5:11-6:3
33. A New Creation - 2 Cor. 5:16-17
34. Where Are You Going? - Gal. 1:13-17
35. Holy Ground - Ex. 3:1-6
36. What Will You Do with Jesus? - Matt. 27:11-22
37. Walk of Faith - John 4:46-54
38. Grace - 2 Sam. 9:1-13
39. Directions - 2 Kings 5:1-15
40. Community Callings - 1 Thes. 5:14
41. Tried and True Faith - 1 Pet. 1:6-7
42. What Are You Doing Here? - 1 Kings 19:1-16
43. Thanksgiving - Psalm 103:1-5
44. Reminders - 1 Cor. 1:1-9
45. Time to Rejoice - Phil. 4:4
46. A Church God Can Use - Col. 1:1-14
47. He Was Born to Be - 1 John 1:1-3
48. Turning the World Upside Down - Acts 17:1-6
49. Turning the World Upside Down, Question 1 - Acts 17:6
50. Turning the World Upside Down, Question 2 - Acts 17:6
51. Turning the World Upside Down, Question 3 - Acts 17:6
52. Turning the World Upside Down, Question 4 - Acts 17:6
Rob Westbrook became a follower of Jesus Christ at the later age of thirty. Called into the preaching ministry at thirty-two, Rob attended New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, earning a Bachelors of Arts degree in Pastoral Ministry. He later earned forty-six hours toward a Masters of Divinity degree.
Rob became pastor of his first church, Hebron Baptist Church, in Amite County, Mississippi, in 1998, while attending seminary. By 2002 the time commitments to both seminary and the church became strained, and Rob chose to leave seminary behind for the church. Around 2005, God began preparing him for planting a new church. He left his first church pastorate in 2006 to become a church planter in his hometown of Amory, Mississippi. LifePointe Church had its first service in January 2008. Rob currently serves there, at LifePointe Church.
Rob has been married to Teresa for almost 23 years. He and Teresa have one daughter, Lauren, who is engaged to Brandon Britt. They will be married in March 2013.