Services Blueprint: Roadmap for Executionby Ravi Kalakota, Marcia Robinson
Pub. Date: 06/16/2003
The trend is clear: Corporations are increasingly relying on technology-enabled services to gain a competitive edge. E-Commerce to e-business to e-services to multi-channel services. Industry leaders and followers alike are digitizing services in order to become more customer-driven and process-centric. To execute this service digitization strategy, managers must learn to effectively translate business imperatives into multi-channel services processes, applications, and infrastructure. Services Blueprint: Roadmap for Execution reveals how managers can plan, analyze, and execute a coherent services strategy without getting lost in a sea of technical buzzwords. Services Blueprint begins by introducing and defining the concept of services digitization and the two components -- focal points and service platforms -- required to execute it effectively. The authors then examine the different blueprints: multi-channel customer relationship management, spend management, supply chain management, human capital management, and product lifestyle management. Throughout the book, case studies illustrate key insights and best practices as companies evolve their execution focus: enterprise applications to Web Services to composite applications to services. Drawing on their experience working with leading businesses, Kalakota and Robinson provide readers with a roadmap of how to achieve differentiation through multi-channel services, translate business objectives into process models such as order-to-cash, and leverage enterprise application investments to create new cross-enterprise services platforms. Services Blueprint clearly explains why some firms are better at digitizing business processes and capturing value than others.
Table of Contents
1. From E-Business to Services: Why and Why Now?
2. Focal Points of Digitization.
3. Service Platforms: Enablers of Digitization.
4. Multi-Channel Customer Blueprint: Creating New Service Experiences.
5. Spend Management Blueprint: Enabling Supplier Management Services.
6. Supply Chain Blueprint: Creating an Adaptive Enterprise.
7. Employee-Centric Blueprint: Enabling Human Capital Management.
8. Product Innovation Blueprint: Enabling Product Lifecycle Management.
9. Vision to Execution: The Blueprint Methodology.
10. The Analysis and Design of New Services: Meso-Level Blueprint.
11. Making Digitization Happen: Micro-Level Technology Blueprint.
12. The Discipline of Execution: A Tale of Two Companies.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >