Sewing with Oilclothby Kelly McCants
Sewing with Oilcloth will cover sewing with the family of specialty fabrics collectively known as oilcloth; true oilcloth, laminated cottons, and chalk cloth. Readers will get instruction on how to sew with these fabrics, the special tips and tricks needed to get the most out of these fabrics, the unique applications of each, and how to treat and care for the
Sewing with Oilcloth will cover sewing with the family of specialty fabrics collectively known as oilcloth; true oilcloth, laminated cottons, and chalk cloth. Readers will get instruction on how to sew with these fabrics, the special tips and tricks needed to get the most out of these fabrics, the unique applications of each, and how to treat and care for the finished pieces. Readers will also get 20 fresh patterns to create a variety of fun and functional projects.
• Projects for the Home: readers will find out how to make a simple tablecloth, a chalk cloth table runner, storage bins, tags handy for organizing or gifting, a garden apron, a patio seat cushion, a festive party banner, and an appliqu pillow to accent outdoor decor.
• Accessories perfect for keeping or giving including a coin purse ,a wallet, farmers market tote, a messenger bag, and lunch-on-the-go aids including a bag and wraps.
• Moms will love the collection of wipe-clean items for babies and kids which include a bib, a splat mat, an art smock, a mommy apron, a toddler apron, and a wet bag.
- Turner Publishing Company
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- First Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.90(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.40(d)
Meet the Author
Kelly McCants is the go-to guru on working with oilcloth. Known online as both Oilcloth Addict and Modern June, Kelly has a background in theater costuming and a special love for oilcloth. She stays busy running her blogs, operating her online stores, and managing her custom hand-sewing business.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
This attractive book is filled with interesting projects that are beautiful and useful. The clear instructions are easy to follow and the accompanying illustrations keep you on the right track. While I've seen oilcloth and laminated cotton before, this book is what was needed to get me interested in using them to their full potential. These projects could easily be used as gifts... that is,if you can manage to give them away once you are done making them!
I read about this book and picked it up because, quite frankly, the whole thing of oilcloth took me back to elementary school and using oilcloth on your desk to eat lunch! Yes, it was while ago! But, the oilcloth itself, what it is and how it's made is quite interesting, and the act of making oilcloth is older than you might think. Also, with so many patterns out there, you'll get plenty of ideas for items to make, and maybe some ideas on your own designs for oilcloth. I have to read it in more detail and pull out my sewing machine and decide on what to make first! It's a very neat crafting sewing book!
Drags her hand to the cave, thwn comes back for her body.
Wanders in* hm.
What are you doing
You have my apologies. *she holds her hands up.*