Sex Diaries Project: What We're Saying about What We're Doingby Arianne Cohen
In the tradition of The Vagina Monologues and PostSecret, this provocative collection takes a peek behind bedroom doors satisfying our insatiable desires to look into the private lives of ordinary people Arianne Cohen spent four years collecting 1,500 Sex Diaries and in this book she takes us on a tantalizing tour of American bedrooms through the all-new,… See more details below
In the tradition of The Vagina Monologues and PostSecret, this provocative collection takes a peek behind bedroom doors satisfying our insatiable desires to look into the private lives of ordinary people Arianne Cohen spent four years collecting 1,500 Sex Diaries and in this book she takes us on a tantalizing tour of American bedrooms through the all-new, provocative, often moving, sometimes shocking, always entertaining real diaries of forty Sex Diarists. From the Madly-In-Love 17-Year-Old Who Might be Pregnant to the Cheating Father of Three and the Grandma Who Is Perfectly Happy Alone, these tales of love, lust, longing and leaving will shock, titillate, and educate. Cohen serves as tour guide, drawing on her deep database of Sex Diaries for her incisive and illuminating commentary. Cohen was the first editor of the Sex Diaries column, a popular feature in New York magazine, editing it from 2007 to 2010. Her work regularly appears in Marie Claire and the New York Times and she is a contributing editor at Woman's Day. She is executive producing a TV reality series based on this book.
• Presents a groundbreaking portrait of relationships in America including myriad options beyond single, dating, and married
• Includes Sex Diaries of straight, gay, bi, single, married, young, and older Sex Diarists, published here for the first time
• Gives readers tips on how to evaluate their own relationships and sex lives
• Author has a strong and growing media platform Sex is everywhere in our culture yet how people best connect and disconnect is largely a mystery. The Sex Diaries Project turns the lights on to reveal the secrets that lie behind closed bedroom doors.
- Turner Publishing Company
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- First Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.10(w) x 9.40(h) x 1.20(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
Portland-based author Arianne Cohen has created an entertaining, behind-the-scenes book version of her successful New York Magazine column. Cohen's semi-voyeuristic chronicles of Americans' private lives covers people from across geographies, ages and walks-of-life. There's something for everyone here. This book is a fun read and is impossible to put down at times ("I'll just read one more diary"). Highly recommended.