- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Sexual Health explores a range of issues, including sexually transmitted infections, teenage pregnancy, contraception, abortion, legal and ethical issues, sexual assault and rape, and the role of the nurse in sexual health. Together with epidemiology, facts and figures the book also includes scenarios which nurses can relate to in their practice.
* In the Essential Clinical Skills for Nurses series
* Concise, practial guide for newly qualified nurses
* Each chapter provides further resources and useful websites
* Focuses on key skills and knowledge acquired by nurses
2. Sexually transmitted infection, including HIV/AIDS.
Hepatitis A, B, C.
Ethical and legal implications.
3. Teenage Pregnancy.
Natural fertility methods.
6. Legal and Ethical Issues in sexual health.
Consent and especially covering the mature minor.
Confidentiality, including treatment.
Child protection issues.
Infected health care workers, what are their employment rights, who needs to know?
7. Sexual Assault and rape.
Law around sexual assault, rape and the Sexual Offences Act 2003.
The role of the nurse.
8. The role of the nurse in sexual health.
To help nurses address the sexual health needs of their client group in any setting. This could be in a surgical ward, outpatient area or in an Accident and Emergency setting.
Looks at careers in sexual health nursing, looking at the competency framework which underpins practice.