Chögyam Trungpa (1940–1987)—meditation master, teacher, and artist—founded Naropa University in Boulder, Colorado, the first Buddhist-inspired university in North America; the Shambhala Training program; and an international association of meditation centers known as Shambhala International. He is the author of numerous books including Shambhala: The Sacred Path of the Warrior, Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism, and The Myth of Freedom.
Shambhala: The Sacred Path of the Warrior: Book and Card Setby Chogyam Trungpa, Carolyn Gimian
Since ancient times, the path of the enlightened warrior has been a powerful and inspiring ideal, showing us how we can master the challenges of life and draw power not from violence or aggression but through the cultivation of gentleness, courage, and self-knowledge. The Shambhala Book and Card Set offers a unique way to work with the teachings of warriorship to gain personal freedom and power, overcome negative habitual patterns, and find the sacred dimension of everyday life.
This box includes:
• 53 cards each containing a Shambhala Warrior Slogan with commentary on the reverse side (packaged with a fold-out card stand)
• an instruction booklet with guidance for applying the slogans to life throughout the day
• and a paperback edition of Shambhala: The Sacred Path of the Warrior, Chögyam Trungpa's classic work exploring the principles of warriorship.
- Shambhala Publications, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 4.74(w) x 7.00(h) x 2.29(d)
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews