- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Since the previous editions of Shaping School Culture and its "how-to" complement, The Shaping School Culture Fieldbook, were published, new challenges have surfaced—especially regarding issues of standards-based testing, school accountability, and student achievement. The second edition of The Fieldbook provides 'hands on' tools to help school leaders think through and implement a 'culture building' process. Featuring 50 field-tested exercises and activities (over 25% new), it includes major new material on "toxic" environments with specific action steps for identifying and transforming a dysfunctional school culture. This is an essential guide for educational leaders at every level of management, as they wrestle with current staffing and accountabilty challenges.
1. Introduction and Organization of the Fieldbook.
PART ONE: INTERPRETING SCHOOL CULTURE.
2. The Importance of Culture.
3. Vision and Values: The Bedrock of Culture.
4. Ritual and Ceremony: Culture in Action.
5. History and Stories: The Importance of the Past.
6. People and Relationships: The Informal Network.
7. Architecture, Artifacts, and Symbols: The Visual Scene.
PART TWO: TRANSFORMING SCHOOL CULTURE.
8. Healing Toxic cultures-Action Strategies.
9. Eight roles of Symbolic Leaders.
10. Final Thoughts.
Posted July 24, 2011
No text was provided for this review.