The Elements of Culture.
1. Schools as Tribes: The Power to Transform.
2. Artifacts, Architecture, and Routines: Symbols of Culture.
3. History: The Value of Lore and Tradition.
4. Myth, Vision, and Values: Discovering a Schools Highest Calling.
5. Stories and Tales: Passing Along the Vision.
6. Rituals: Embedding Purpose and Meaning.
7. Ceremonies and Traditions: Culture in Action.
8. Conveyors of Culture: Positive and Negative Transmitters.
The Symbolic Role of School Leaders.
9. Weaving the Cultural Tapestry: Seven Schools.
10. Transforming Toxic Cultures: Renewal Strategies.
11. Building Trust: Connecting to Parents and Communities.
12. Strengthening Culture: Eight Essential Roles.
13. Living with Paradox: The Bifocal Principal.
14. Achieving Balance: Meeting Cultural and Structural Demands.
15. Conclusion: Opportunities for the Future.