Shiatsu Theory and Practice: A comprehensive text for the student and professional / Edition 2by Carola Beresford-Cooke, Beresford-Cooke
Pub. Date: 02/19/2003
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This book provides a clear and complete introduction to the theory and practice of Zen Shiatsu, presenting vivid detail on the theoretical foundations of both Traditional Chinese Medicine and five element theory. It offers remarkably clear, high-quality illustrations and photos that support text discussions. The all-encompassing 2nd Edition takes the reader through
This book provides a clear and complete introduction to the theory and practice of Zen Shiatsu, presenting vivid detail on the theoretical foundations of both Traditional Chinese Medicine and five element theory. It offers remarkably clear, high-quality illustrations and photos that support text discussions. The all-encompassing 2nd Edition takes the reader through an exploration of the various approaches to treatment routines, with case studies, explanations, and step-by-step descriptions of techniques.
• Clear and readable text allows even beginners to build knowledge and practice with confidence.
• Thorough explorations of the various strands of theory - TCM, five elements, Zen - are presented to make their integration into practice clear and rational.
• Detailed text descriptions and illustrations of meridians, point locations, and functions are presented together with the relevant underlying anatomy.
• Step-by-step descriptions of treatment routines and appropriate touch techniques enable readers to apply what they've learned.
• More detail has been added to the points covered in each meridian section.
• Greater mention is made of other styles of Shiatsu practice, giving the reader a frame of reference with each style in context alongside Zen Shiatsu.
• New case studies emphasize practical applications and solutions.
• More material is presented on diagnostic techniques and the interpretation of diagnoses.
• New line illustrations and photographs enhance the text.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.40(w) x 10.12(h) x 0.79(d)
Table of Contents
Section One: Practice
1. The Basics – Why, When and How
2. Recommendations for the Shiatsu Practitioner
3. Shiatsu Tools and Techniques
4. Shiatsu Treatment Routines in the Four Positions
Section Two: Theory
5. Traditional Chinese Medicine for the Shiatsu Practitioner
6. Zen Shiatsu Theory
Section Three: Harmonizing TCM and Zen Shiatsu Theory
7. The Water Element – The Kidneys and Bladder
8. The Wood Element – The Liver and Gall Bladder
9. The Fire Element – The Heart, Small Intestine, Heart Protector and Triple Heater
10. The Earth Element – The Spleen and Stomach
11. The Metal Element – The Lungs and Large Intestine
Section Four: Bringing Theory and Practice Together
12. The Four Methods of Diagnosis
13. Interpreting the Diagnosis
14. The Treatment
15. After the Treatment
Section Five: Appendices
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >