- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Newport, United Kingdom
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
I. JUMPING IN.
1. The Writer as Reader: Reading and Responding.
2. The Reader as Writer: Drafting and Writing.
3. Two Forms of Criticism: Explication and Analysis.
4. Other Kinds of Writing about Literature.
II. STANDING BACK: THINKING CRITICALLY ABOUT LITERATURE.
5. What is Literature?
6. What is Interpretation?
7. What is Evaluation?
8. Writing About Literature: An Overview.
III. UP CLOSE: THINKING CRITICALLY ABOUT LITERARY FORMS.
9. Writing About Fiction: The World of the Story.
10. Writing About Drama.
11. Writing About Poetry.
12. Writing About an Author in Depth.
13. Writing About Film.
IV. INSIDE: STYLE, FORMAT, AND SPECIAL ASSIGNMENTS.
14. Style and Format.
15. Writing a Research Paper.
16. New Approaches to the Research Paper: Literature, History, and the World Wide Web.
17. Essay Examinations.
Appendix A: Two Stories: James Joyce, Araby and Eudora Welty, A Worn Path.
Appendix B: Literary Research: Print and Electronic Resources.
Appendix C: Glossary of Literary Terms.
Index of Authors, Titles, and First Lines of Poems.
Index of Literary Terms.