- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
|Using examples and illustrations from chemistry, physics, mathematics,computer science, and engineering, this helpful guide gives readers simple step-by-step procedures for keeping lab notebooks and writing lab reports, formal research papers, and science essays.|
1. Introduction: Science Writing and the Imagination.
2. Why Good Scientific Thinking Can Lead to Bad Science Writing.
3. Writing from the Moment of Observation: Lab and Field Notebooks.
4. From Lab Notebook to Lab Report.
5. Preparing to Write the Research Paper.
6. How to Write Titles.
7. How to Write Abstracts.
8. How to Write the Introductory Section.
9. How to Write About Hypotheses, Models, and Theories (HMT).
10. How to Cite and List References.
11. How to Write the Materials and Methods Section.
12. How to Present Results.