- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
From the Publisher
* Praise for Shrink Yourself
""In Shrink Yourself, Dr. Gould offers a simple but profound truth: hunger originates in your mind, not your belly. This empowering book will allow you to lose weight by recognizing the psychological stumbling blocks in your life that contribute to your emotional eating. If you're fed up with yo-yo diets that leave you feeling frustrated, confused, and powerless, you owe it to yourself to read the wisdom in this book.""
- Joseph J. Luciani, Ph.D., author of Self-Coaching: The Powerful Program to Beat Anxiety and Depression
""Some things in life we can change; some things we can't. Our weight is definitely something we can change and control if we follow Dr. Roger Gould's brilliant method. Every time I'm tempted to reach for that extra sugar fix, I think about what I learned in Shrink Yourself - and I just keep on walking.""
- Maud Adams, actress and model
""Obesity is an epidemic in America, and numerous experts have tried to identify its causes. Drawing on his background in psychiatry, Roger Gould makes a major contribution to our understanding of it by identifying the basic emotions that give rise to unhealthy eating habits and offering a manageable step-by-step program for readers to combat it.""
- Senator Edward M. Kennedy
""It's important for long-term weight loss to change your eating habits to include healthy, whole, natural foods in your diet, but in order to motivate yourself to lose weight for the long term you need to change the way you think about eating???and about yourself. Shrink Yourself gives you the equivalent of eight therapy sessions with a brilliant psychiatrist who coaches you step by step to stop emotional eating and start feeling and looking great.""
- Fred Pescatore, M.D., author of The Hamptons Diet and The Hamptons Diet Cookbook
""In this motivational, fascinating, and practical new book, Roger Gould shows readers how to lose weight by stopping and reversing the emotional eating habits they have developed over a lifetime.""
- Mike Huckabee, Governor of Arkansas and author of Quit Digging Your Grave with a Knife and Fork
""This is a masterpiece: the only serious and practical guide for anyone serious about losing weight.""
- Warren Bennis, University Professor at the University of Southern California and author of On Becoming a Leader